Friday, February 25, 2022

2022 Matchbox Collectors Series: Pagani Huayra Roadster - Just As Good As Hot Wheels

Hello, and welcome to another additional feature here on the boulevard. Don't you just love when both of Mattel's diecast brands give us the same car? I know I do, and I think it's neat to be able to see how each brand designs their version. Sometimes, I'll like both of their castings equally, while other times I'll like one brands casting better than the other. And the Viper RT/10 is a perfect example of the latter. I, for one, think we can all agree that Matchbox's version has better proportions. Anyway, today's post isn't about that Viper. Instead, it's about why I decided to get another Matchbox car that is also made by Hot Wheels. So with that being said, let's being.

As you saw from my social media post, the vehicle I'm talking about today is Matchbox's version of the Pagani Huayra Roadster. This Matchbox casting made its Moving Parts debut last year, and it was a release I never saw. In case you didn't read this additional feature, you should know that I didn't have much luck with last year's Moving Parts Series. So that's why you never really saw any of them featured in a post. Now, even if I did find the debut release of Matchbox's Huayra on the pegs, I most likely would have left it behind for a specific reason. 

Despite having a moving feature, that release was finished in a blue that looks very similar to the blue used for the debut release of the Hot Wheels Huayra Roadster. And I know it had gold wheels, but that still wasn't enough to make me really search for it. So at the time, I had no interest in it because I already had the debut release of the Hot Wheels one. And I continued to not care about Matchbox's version until I found the one I'm talking about today.
 

So if I didn't care about it, what made me change my mind? To answer your question, just look at this release's color scheme. It might not be all of them, but many of Pagani's Huayras are seen with a two-tone color scheme like the one given to this release. And that has made me want a two-tone 1:64 scale Huayra.

Now, Hot wheels did release their Huayra (not the Roadster) with a two-tone color scheme, but it was released as an id. But I didn't feel the need to have it, since I already had the Gran Turismo release. And I know it wasn't finished in the same blue, but the id release was still blue nonetheless. Furthermore, I didn't feel the need to pay $5 for another blue one. Had it been finished in a different color, I probably would have gotten it. Anyway, Hot Wheels has yet to release their Huayra Roadster casting with a two-tone color scheme. And even if they do eventually release one, it probably wouldn't be as good as this one. After all, it'll most likely be a mainline release. So due to it being a premium, Matchbox was able to give us a fantastic two-tone replica of Pagani's Huayra Roadster. I especially like how they chose a color that hasn't already been used for the Hot Wheels version.
 

So what about its moving feature? Did that contribute to me getting this release? To be honest, no it didn't. I mean, it is nice to finally have one with an opening feature in my collection. But I'm not going to take it out of its pack, so it's not a feature I really care about. Ultimately, all I cared about was its two-tone color scheme.

When it comes to the wheels, I don't have an issue with the ones they picked. However, I do think it'd be nice if Matchbox was able to give this release the ten spoke RR wheels that Hot Wheels has at their disposal. In my opinion, those are the best possible wheels for this car, since they look somewhat similar to the real Huayra's wheels.


Among the Huayra Roadsters I have, this one is definitely one of my favorites, since it features the two-tone color scheme. So I'm glad I was able to add it to my collection. And I'll add even more of them to my collection if Matchbox continues to do releases like this.

So how do you feel about this release? Do you also like it for the same reasons I do? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this addition feature. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment