Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Matchbox Moving Parts Release From Last Year

Hi everyone! Welcome to another additional feature here on the boulevard. I really didn't have that much luck with last year's Matchbox Moving Parts releases. For the most part, the pegs for these stayed empty. However, there were a few times where I was able to come across some remnants, and that's exactly what happened on a recent diecast hunt. So with that said, let's go over the release I found.

There were actually two other Moving Parts releases there, but they were 1982 Datsun 280ZX and 2019 Ford Ranger, and as you might already know, both of them are releases I talked about last month. So be sure to check out that post if you're interested in what I have to say about those. Anyway, the only new one there was the 2020 BMW M4 Cabriolet. I might not have found much, but I was glad to see one of these left on the pegs. It has been some time since we last got a new BMW casting, and this is a new one with opening doors. So that's even better!


Now, I'm sure you haven't been living under a rock, so I'm going to assume that you've seen BMW's latest grill design. Yeah... I'm still not in love with the look of it. You might like their design choice, and maybe I will at some point in the future. But right now I don't, and that's why I'm happy with Matchbox's decision to give us this model year. I know we'll most likely see a Hot Wheels or Matchbox release of a current BMW, so I'm going to have to force myself to accept BMW's latest vehicle design styles.

Personally, this first release isn't too bad, but there is one thing I don't like about it though. But I'll get to that in a minute because I want to point out what I like about it first.  

Did you assume that the exterior color is the main thing I like? Well, if you did, then you're correct! But I also really like how they gave it a white interior. It's worth mentioning that I found a picture of a real 2020 M4 that is also dark blue with a white interior. And I have to say, I truly like how it looks. So I'm glad to have a 1:64 scale replica of it. 


Okay, now it's time to point out the design choice I don't like. Whether it's a specific tampo detail, or the color of the wheels, I can usually overlook a certain design choice I don't like. However, this release features a tampo detail I just can't ignore. For some reason, the designers chose to put "Matchbox" across the rear bumper, and it's not small lettering either. I really don't see the reasoning behind this design choice. I'm probably the only collector that can't ignore this detail, but I feel it kind of ruins the appearance of release. I probably could have ignored it if the letters were a little smaller. Now, if it was up to me, I would have made this detail look like an emblem on the trunk next to the license plate. 


Although I have an issue with a specific tampo detail, I can honestly say that this was a release I just had to have. Although... I don't like it enough to want to pay secondary prices for it. So I would have had to accept not having it if I wasn't able to find it. I know there's going to be more releases of it, but there's nothing like having a cool casting finished in your favorite color.

So how do you feel about this release? And do you also dislike "Matchbox being applied to the rear bumper? Go ahead and let me know your thoughts down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this additional feature. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment