Monday, February 28, 2022

Best On The Block: February 2022

It's the last day of February, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: 2013 Dodge Viper SRT - 2022 Hot Wheels 5-Pack 



Why I Picked It: In many of my post, I'll make mention of how blue is my all-time favorite color. Well, blue became my favorite color at the same time the Dodge Viper became my all-time favorite car. Long story short, the first Viper I ever saw as a kid was blue with white stripes. Now then, as for why this release took the number one spot, well... I don't think I need to say anything else.

#2: Pagani Huayra Roadster - 2022 Matchbox Collectors Series


Why I Picked It: Although I have a few releases of the Hot Wheels version, this one from Matchbox is one of my favorites. Some of you might have wanted it due to it featuring a moving part, and I'll admit that it's a cool feature. But that's not why I wanted it. For a while now, I was hoping to see a two-tone Huayra Roadster, and it didn't matter if it was from Hot Wheels or Matchbox. I just wanted one with the color scheme, and this Matchbox release is exactly what I was hoping to see.  

#3: 1949 Kurtis Sport Car - 2022 Matchbox Mainline


Why I Picked It: This release was automatically qualified for a spot in this post due to it being a classic sports car. And it would have taken the number two spot if Hot Wheels hadn't released the Viper. 

#4: 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT - 2022 Matchbox Mainline


Why I Picked It: Once again, a Mitsubishi 3000GT is being considered one of the best releases on the block. Basically, I can't get over my excitement for these new Mitsubishi castings. So you might end up seeing them featured in a few more editions of Best On The Block in the future. 

#5: 1970 Ford Capri - 2022 Matchbox Retro Series


Why I Picked It: I still like the debut release of this casting, but its hood has stripes. And while there's nothing wrong that, I will admit that I was eagerly waiting for a plain release. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait that long for one. Besides not having any designs on it, it was finished in a very nice color.

#6: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento - 2022 Hot Wheels 5-Pack


Why I Picked It: To be honest, the releases from the Motor Show 5-pack would have taken up five of the six spots in this post. That's how much I like them. But I chose to only pick two, and this one beat out the other three. For the longest time now, I've wanted to have a nice looking Sesto Elemento on display, and I couldn't have asked for a better one than this. Maybe it's just me, but I think yellow and red is a cool combination for this car.

Okay, those are the six releases I picked for this month's edition of Best On The Block. Now that you know my favorites, go ahead and let me know down in the comments what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment