Sunday, November 28, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: Forgotten But Eventually Acquired

Hello, and welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. In any given year, there are many different, and great diecast releases to collect. This is why my want list usually remains long, and I'm sure yours does too. As you know, it can sometimes take a long time to find everything off of your list. Now, I don't know about you, but I end up getting very excited when I finally stumble upon full pegs. On rare occasions, this excitement has caused me to forget everything I wanted. I know... I should carry my list around with me, but I can usually remember what I want.  

If you read my 2021 case D Red Edition review, then you already know how I forgot to get the initial 2021 release of the Toyota Off-Road Truck. I guess I wouldn't be a good Santa Clause, because I totally didn't check my list twice. Anyway, I got another chance at this release when I had to make a quick store run. So I figured that I'd go ahead and make a post about it.

I was so excited when I found out Hot Wheels was able to legally use the them again. So I'm actually a little shocked at how I for to get this release. You never know when they'll lose the licence again. So that's one of the reasons why this instantly made it to my want list. Of course, this isn't the only reason. So let's move onto the next thing I like about it.


Earlier this year, I published a post where I talked about some of the other case J releases I wanted. One of the releases was a '67 Mustang. If you read that post, then you probably remember what I said about it. If not, then what I said was that I love when a casting is finished in a color that hasn't been previously used for it. And that's the case with this release. I, for one, think the designers picked a nice shade of orange for this release. 


Now if you were wondering whether or not I got the red one, then you should know that I decided not to after I got this one. The red one wasn't bad, it's just I'm completely satisfied with the two color releases I have.

So have you ever had a release on your want list that you forgot to get? If you did, go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. I'd love to hear which release is was. Okay, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment