Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Best On The Block: November 2021

It's the last day of November, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: X-Jet - 2021 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: Diecast replicas of comic book/cartoon vehicles are awesome, which is why I love the HW Screen Time mainline series. I also love being able to collect unique models, and this jet is definitely unique. Of course, there are many different opinions on what make a model unique, so you might not agree with mine. Ultimately, I feel this casting is unique enough to be this month's number one best release on the block. 

#2: '66 Pontiac GTO - 2021 Hot Wheels Boulevard


Why I Picked It: The GTO! It's not a name you see very often when you arrive at the Hot Wheels pegs, which is why I don't have that many of them in my collection. So you can imagine how excited I got when I was able to finally get this one. And it was actually quite easy for me to get, since no one wanted it. That's right, this was the main one that was left on the pegs when this assortment came in. Anyway, this is a very nice release, and I actually like it a little more than the initial release thanks to it mostly being plain, as well as being finished in a cool shade of blue.  

#3: '70 Plymouth Superbird - 2021 Hot Wheels Boulevard


Why I Picked It: A few year's ago, I decided to turn to Ebay to find a plain release of the Superbird. That's when I came across the four initial colors. One of them was yellow, but I ended up getting one of the other colors due to it being cheaper. But I still wanted to eventually get the yellow one. Well now I don't have to thanks to this one, which I feel is way better than the one I was going to get. I'm actually glad things went the way they did, because I now have two different colored Superbirds that aren't decorated with a custom design. 

#4: '49 Ford F1 - 2021 Hot Wheels Mainline



Why I Picked It: As nice as the Super. That's right, I said it. I feel this version is as nice as the Super Treasure Hunt version. Sometimes, the regular versions of Super Treasure Hunts won't have the same amount of decoration, which is a little disappointing. Thankfully, that's not the case with this one. The designers created a fantastic design for this release, and it would have been a real shame if they didn't also decorate the top of the regular too. So I'm truly glad they did, because it gave everyone the chance to own a very beautiful '49 Ford F1.

#5: '94 Bugatti EB110 SS - 2021 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: Yeah... there's no way I couldn't have picked this casting for this post. Bugatti's latest vehicles are glorious, but their older ones still deserve to be in the spotlight too. They might not have today's aerodynamics or technology, but that's perfectly fine by me. In my opinion, they are timeless masterpieces.

#6: '70 Chevy Nova SS - 2021 Hot Wheels Fast And Furious Premium Series


Why I Picked It: Among the many releases I liked this month, this movie replica had to be one of the releases featured in this post. For the longest time, I've wanted a nice '70 Nova from Hot Wheels, and this release is more than just nice, it's perfect! Now I know Hot Wheels made a '70 Nova many years ago, but that casting has yet to be used again. To be honest though, I really don't care if they choose to never use it again. In my opinion, this one is better due to it's overall proportions. I know it doesn't have a cowl hood like the other one, but I'd still prefer this one over that one. So I hope this Nova gets many more releases. 


Okay, that's all six of the releases I picked for this month's Best On The Block post. Now that you know my favorites, go ahead and let me know down in the comments what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment