Thursday, November 25, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: 2021 Hot Wheels Fast & Furious With Some Red Editions

Hello, and welcome to another edition of Today On The Boulevard. It's always exciting to find new diecast releases hanging on the pegs, even if it's just remnants. I especially get excited when there's both premiums and store exclusives. I know the latter isn't ever a priority, but it truly is a delight to find them. Now, as you can see from the title, I was able to come across the new Fast and Furious assortment, as well as the case P Target Red Editions. So with that being said, let's get this post started.

Sadly, I wasn't able to obtain all five of the releases from the latest Fast and Furious premium assortment. But I was able to find the main two I wanted, so it was still a successful diecast hunt. After all, finding any of these at a retail store is always a win. Anyway, there's a specific reason as to why I wanted the two I got.

I think we all love this premium series because it gives us very nice replicas of the vehicles from the various movies. But that's not the only reason why this series is great. Since it's creation, the Fast and Furious premium series has featured the debut of some awesome castings. Personally, there's a small chance we would have never gotten some of these vehicles had there been no such thing as Fast and Furious. So I'm glad Hot Wheels has the legal okay to make these replicas. 

Now then, as you all know, this assortment has Brian's blue R34, and it was definitely not one of the ones that was left. But to be honest, that's perfectly fine by me. I'm actually very glad Hot Wheels decided to put it in this assortment. You see, even if it's a re-release, sometimes a certain car will overshadow the others. That's why I feel it was easy for me to get the Toyota GR Supra and the '70 Chevy Nova SS, which are the two castings making their debut in this assortment. 


I really wasn't expecting to see this car from Hot Wheels. Earlier this year, they gave us a modified version of this Supra. So I thought Matchbox was going to be the one to give us the stock version. But I'm actually glad Hot Wheels is the brand that made it. Thanks to them, we got this beautiful matte orange GR Supra.



Many years ago, Hot Wheels had a series called Modern Classics, and it featured the debut of a nice '70 Chevy Nova casting. Unfortunately, that casting has yet to be used again, which is a little disappointing. Back then, I wasn't into diecast as much as I am now, so it's a casting I don't have. Thankfully, I no longer have to try and get that one, since Hot Wheels has given us this awesome '70 Chevy Nova SS.


I hope this casting continues to get used going forward. It'd be a real shame if it ended up being like the Nova in the Modern Classics series. So let's all keep our fingers crossed. Okay, now it's time to go over the other releases I found.



Not too long ago, I published a post where I shared how I felt about the Red Editions. And if you're one of the ones that read that post, then you already know how I feel about them. It's not like I don't dislike them, I just feel they aren't worth the hype. Anyway, like I said in that post, I'll still get them if I'm able to find them, and that's exactly what I did.

The last time these were released, I decided to get all three, however, this time I decided to only get two of them. The Donut Drifter is the one I didn't get. Yeah... when it comes to sweets, it's out of sight, out of mind. I felt that I would have ended up buying multiple boxes of donuts if I bought it, which wouldn't have been good, because I would have ate them all myself. All jokes aside, I just didn't feel the need to add it to my collection. Finding store exclusives are nice, but I'm not really interested in getting the castings I don't collect. I know I got the Carbonator, but I ended up giving it to a family member that likes the casting. Alright, that's enough about the one I didn't get. Let's go over the other two.


Personally, this is one of the best looking Red Editions this year, and I'm sure most of you will agree. Of course, some of you will probably say that the Kool Kombi is this year's best Red Edition. After all, nothing tops a store exclusive Hello Kitty themed Kool Kombi, but this release is my cup of tea.

Now, I'll admit that I still like the white one more, since it's close to the color used for the one I found a picture of. But I was hoping to see one finished in a red, so I'm glad they chose to use the color for this Red Edition Jesko. 



The Toyota Land Cruiser is the second one, and it's one of the ones that's not actually red. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the color choice. I just felt like pointing that out. Anyway, black is the color they picked for it, and I have to admit that this tuck actually looks a-okay finished in the color. And since I like how it looks finished in black, I'm glad it was released this year. There's a high chance black will be used for this casting again in the future, but the release will most likely feature a design. That's why I'm glad they decided to use it for this year's plain release.




Now, it is a little disappointing that I wasn't able to find everything from the Fast and Furious assortment, but that's just the how it is in this hobby. Although they won't be added to my want list, I'll definitely keep an eye out for them. As for the rest of case P, the hunt continues. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to find them. But with the way things are now, it might be a while before I'm able to make a My Want List post. 

So how do you feel about these four releases? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment