Sunday, April 25, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: 2021 Matchbox Moving Parts Case J - Only Two

Hello, and welcome to another edition of Today On The Boulevard. Matchbox has blessed us collectors with another assortment of their Moving Parts. Unlike some of the previous assortments, there were only two that I wanted from this one. The other ones are okay, but I have no need for them. So with that said, let's get this review started.

The 2004 Honda S2000 has finally gotten another release,and it's the one I wanted the most. Being a JDM is not the reason for wanting it. As you know, Hot Wheels usually put a design on their S2000 casting, so that's why I wanted this second plain release from Matchbox.

I will admit that I still kind of like the debut release more due to it's color, but there's no denying how nice the S2000 looks finished in white. Yellow is just my personal preference for this car. It's similar to how red is a popular color for a Ferrari.

Like the debut release, this too has tampo details applied to it's rear. The only bad thing is that it doesn't feature any of the side details that were applied to the debut release. So it doesn't have things like the side marker light. Now since these are cheaper, I can understand the lack of these details. So not having them is no big deal for me.


As you can see, chrome gold five spoke wheels are what the designers chose for this release. For those of you that didn't know, Advan has a wheel that's called TC4. And these Matchbox wheels have a similar appearance to them. I decided to search up Advan TC4 S2K on Google, and I was able to find pictures of real S2000's with these wheels. I think the S2000 looks great with them, so I'm happy with this wheel choice.



The DIVCO Milk Truck is the second one that I wanted. If you read my Looking at review of last years's Moving Parts case F, then you already know that I was hoping to see another release with a fantasy milk company logo. I was also hoping they'd use a different color scheme for it. Well they did create a different color scheme, but they didn't use a fantasy milk company. Instead, they decided to make it have the appearance of being owned by a speed shop. 

So for the color scheme, the decision was made to make this model brown with beige wheel arches. I actually really like this decision. I feel the color scheme works really well for this classic truck. I also like how they made the lower half of it's sides black, which is another great color to go along with brown and beige. 


Like the first release, this one features rear doors that are aren't the same color as the rest of it's exterior. As you all know, the first one has doors that are the same color as the fenders. Now I don't have a problem with this release's beige fenders, but I don't think this release would have looked nice with beige doors. So I'm happy they decided to make the doors black.


At the end of the day, I'm still hoping to eventually see one with a fantasy milk company design, but for now, I'm happy with this casting's second release.

So collectors, did you decide to get the full assortment, or did you only get specific ones? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment