Friday, August 14, 2020

Looking At: Matchbox Moving Parts Case F

Welcome back to the boulevard! It's once again time to take a look at another set of diecast cars, that have been checked off my want list. This time, I'm going to be going over the four vehicles from the newest Matchbox Moving Parts assortment. This case does feature five different cars, but one of them is the '83 Buick Riviera Convertible. That model, won't be featured in this post due to it being the same as the 2019 release. The only thing that's different is the card art.

The star of the show from this case, is undoubtedly the Lamborghini Centenario. You can always count on a company like Lamborghini to make stellar looking cars. And I feel the Matchbox team did a wonderful job recreating this model in 1:64 scale. Words can not describe how happy I am, to see that Matchbox made a Moving Parts version of this marvelous Lamborghini. Being in the Moving Parts line, allowed them to make us collectors a fantastic model with scissor doors.

Aside from the scissor doors, this model has another aspect that I like. Unlike the Hot Wheels casting, this casting showcases this cars active spoiler in the up position. The color scheme is the next aspect that I like, as it's one of the exact colors schemes that's available for the real car. This model also has the usual smaller details that are seen on Matchbox's releases. My favorite of those details, are the ones present on the rear of this model. Aside from the tail lights, I really like how they added yellow to the diffuser. Also adding realism to this model, is the fantastic looking exhaust tampo detail. At the end of the day, this is one Lamborghini that should definitely be on your want list!



Making it's way onto the boulevard next, is the 1932 Ford Pickup. As you might know, I am a sucker when it comes to vintage vehicles like this. This has to do with the body styles from this bygone time period. This casting saw it's debut one year ago in the Superfast 50th Anniversary set. And so far, both releases have been fantastic. Like the first one, this second release is also plain, which is great since Mattel's other brand releases a lot of shop truck theme pickups.

The gold that was given to the first release is awesome, but I won't deny how much I like this pickup finished in black. I also like the wheels that they gave it. For me, they give this truck a period correct look. The front end features some nicely done tampo details that help to liven things up. The headlights have additional little details that give them a realistic look. Completing the front end details, is the grill tampo. My personal verdict on this release, is that if you are a fan of old Fords, then you should absolutely add this to you collection.



Did somebody say ''Got Milk?'' Well get your cereal bowls ready, because the Matchbox team has given us collectors a DIVCO Milk truck. For those that didn't know, DIVCO stands for Detroit Industrial Vehicle Company. Before this casting from Matchbox, all we had was a casting from Hot Wheels, that was basically a modified version of this truck. With that said, it's nice to finally have a licensed DIVCO milk truck casting.

I personally like the way this model was painted. And after a quick image search, it appears to be inspired by how some of them were actually painted. In other words, blue fenders with a blue stripe that runs along the sides, is period correct. The wheels being white, is also period correct. Lots of these trucks appeared to have painted wheels that either matched the body or the stripe. Color scheme aside, I really like how this first one features the DIVCO logo. I do hope Matchbox eventually releases another one of these with a fantasy milk company logo. And I also hope they do a completely different color scheme for it.


Taking a casual drive down the boulevard last, is the 2000 Nissan Xterra. I ended up not getting the light blue 2019 release of this casting. So when I saw this one, I took the chance to go ahead and add one to my garage. It all came down to the color, which in my eyes, is a nice shade of yellow. And if not exact, it does appear to be inspired by Nissan's solar yellow. Solar yellow was one of the colors that was offered on the real 2000 Xterra. The color of the roof rack, as well as the bumpers, are all also realistic. While the real OEM wheels for this SUV are four spoke, I have to say, that I like how these six spoke wheels look better. 


Well that's a wrap for this assortment. All in all, this was another great Matchbox case, that featured some fantastic models. I honestly don't have a specific favorite among these four. In my opinion, they are all great additions to any collection. However, if you have a favorite from this case, go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Okay everyone, back to racing! Until next time, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment