Monday, March 1, 2021

Today on the Boulevard: Hot Wheels GameStop Mail-In

Hello and welcome to another edition of Today on the Boulevard. For today's post, I'm going to be going over why I decided to get the recent GameStop mail-in vehicle. So this is going to be one of the shorter editions. With that being said, let's get this post started. 

So for those of you that might have missed my GameStop post, then you should know that I wasn't quite happy with the contents of my case. To this day, I only have three of the four exclusives. I really hope things go back to how they used to be with the Kmart cases. Anyways, there were basically nineteen vehicles that I wouldn't have bought. This led to me deciding to open one of the other vehicles to do the mail-in. 

Now there is actually another reason why I decided to get this mail-in. There really hasn't been many releases of this casting. So far, this is the fourth release, and I don't know when we'll see another one. From what I can tell, this is going to be a premium only casting. So I decided to take the opportunity to acquire another release of it. And in all honesty, I'm glad I did.

Spectraflame purple is a beautiful color, and it made this Econoline Pickup look fantastic. I'm really happy with how this release looks. So in a way, getting the box that I got was kind of a good thing. Had I got a better box, I might not have gotten this fourth release. Aside from the color, I think this casting looks really nice with the Hot Wheels theme that's featured on it. 

It's also worth noting that the wheels played a role in me deciding to acquire this release. As you all know, Hot Wheels decided to use the four spoke wheels for last year's mail-ins. The way I see it, there may never be another release of this casting with four spoke wheels. So for the time being, I feel they help to make this release stand out from the other three.




I now have all of this casting's releases, and if you were to ask me which if the ones I liked the most, then I'd tell you that it was the last three releases. Some of you might really like the Star Wars one, but I only got it because I didn't know if the casting was going to be used outside of the Pop Culture line. 

So... did you decide to acquire this release too? Feel fee to let me know whether or not you did down in the comments. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today on the Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment