Monday, December 14, 2020

Today on the Boulevard: Hot Wheels GameStop Exclusive Case - My Honest Feelings

Okay collectors, welcome to another feature here on the boulevard. Today's post is going to be a little short, as I'm simply going to go over my honest feelings towards the recent GameStop exclusive Hot Wheels case. So with that being said, let's get things started.

Most collectors might consider their case to be a win if they got the Super Treasure Hunt. That's all fine and dandy, because after all, we all have our own reasons for collecting diecast cars. If you're new to the boulevard, then you should know that I don't really care for special releases like Super Treasure Hunts. That also usually includes store exclusives. However, this time I was specifically going after the GameStop exclusives.

So as you all know, there's still reports of the Coronavirus going around. Whether you believe it or not, is entirely up to you. I'm not here to tell you to believe it, but what I will say, is that I'm apart of the crowd that does. As such, I decided to go ahead and order a case from GameStop's website.

After opening the case, I knew right away something was not quite right. Sadly, my case only had three of the four exclusive colors. And it wasn't even two of each like it used to be with the Kmart exclusive cases. So packed within my case, was two 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500s, one Big-Air Bel-Air, and one 2018 Bentley Continental GT3. So for me, this case was a loss. I mean... you win some, you loose some. But I can honestly say that this exclusive case was not quite worth the money in my opinion.



Not all was bad though, as I was able to get some of the other 2021 releases that I wanted. Now with those, I would like to mention that I'm going to wait to show them in a future My Want List review. I just have to get the rest of the cars that I want from case B, then I will review them. 

Aside from those, my case also had nineteen other vehicles that I most definitely would not have gotten. Some of you might think that's great, because that's one car short of being able to do the mail-in promotion, which I might consider doing I might add. But I really didn't order this case to get the main-in, and I'm not sure if I want to spend any more money on this year's GameStop Hot Wheels event.


I know these pictures aren't the best quality, but as you can see from the second picture, there are some cars that I feel didn't need to have doubles. This would have made it so there could have been two of each of the exclusive colors per case. Since the Kmart cases used to be packed that way, I assumed this GameStop one would too. That's why I didn't think twice about ordering one.

It almost seems like Mattel wanted us to either spend extra money on multiple cases, or go around to multiple GameStop locations to hunt for all of the colors. If this is the direction they are going with these cases, then I'm most definitely going think twice about trying to participate in these events.

So collectors, did you decide to order one of these cases from GameStop's website? If you did, did you get all of the colors? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for today. Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment