Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Today On The Boulevard: 2022 Hot Wheels - Three Awesome Additions To The Collection

Hello, and welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. A few days ago, I decided to check two of the Targets in my area, and as I expected, there was absolutely nothing to buy at either store. So I came to the conclusion that it wasn't going to be a day where I found anything at Target. I then decided to check one Walmart before I called it a day. Now, I really wasn't expecting to find anything there either, but I figured why not check anyway. Well, that one decision led to me being able to find three awesome releases.

The first thing I saw was a bin that was full of this year's case "F." Now, since I already have everything I want from that case, I decided to look through it after I saw what was down the row first. Of course, there was no reason for me to go back to the bin, but you never know what you'll find underneath a stack of releases you already have. That's why I'll usually take a moment to look anyway. Sometimes, it pays to look, and this was one of those times where looking payed off. But I'll get to that release later because I want to talk about what I found down the row first. 

Overall, the row was a little messy, but that didn't stop me from looking anyway. As I got closer to the mainline pegs, I immediately spotted two new Team Transport releases hanging on the premium pegs. I then got super excited because one of them was the HKS themed S15 Silvia. 


It goes without saying that this is the release we've all been waiting for. In my opinion, this livery is as iconic as the Falken Tire livery. Of course, it isn't the only noteworthy S15 Silvia, but it is one of the first ones that comes to mind when I think of a S15 drift car. Anyway, you never know what they will or won't be able to make due to the licensing agreements. So like you, I'm also overjoyed with how Hot Wheels was able to use this HKS livery for this casting. 


Now, it's too bad Hot Wheels doesn't have a premium wheel that resembles the Super Advan wheels. Having a 3-spoke wheel would have helped to make this replica look even more accurate. To be fair though, this release does technically still have Advan wheels. And all you have to do is look up "Advan GT" on the internet to see what I mean.


I'd also like to mention that I appreciate their decision to pair this Silvia with the Aero Lift. Sure, the other haulers with a box section are cool, but this one makes it so we can see more of the car. 


The Ford Galaxie was the other Team Transport release that was there, and I decided to leave it behind. Now, I do like the various "Ford Race Team" releases we've gotten, so I probably should have added this latest one to my collection. But I just didn't like how there's no racing number on it. I feel they should have placed a number where they placed the race team decal. As for the placement of the decal, I feel they could have placed it on the quarter panel instead. If this release was supposed to be a drag car, then I'd have no issue with the decal being on the door, but it's supposed to be a stock car. So the overall livery just doesn't look complete to me. Alright, let's move on to the next release I found down the row.

After grabbing the Team Transport, I decided to look at the other Hot Wheels pegs, and that's when I noticed a pack that was a little different from the rest of the mainline releases.


I believe the set this release is from is called "Luxury Sedans," and this was the only one that was left. Although I didn't find the whole set, I can honestly say that this is the main release that I would have wanted.

I never got around to getting any of the other releases of this casting after its debut release. Back then, I wasn't quite into diecast like I am now. As such, I missed some very nice releases of it. In 2018, I came to the conclusion that there'd never be any more releases, since 2013 was the last time it was used. Then, after eight years, Hot Wheels decided to use the casting again for the Factory 500 H.P. set. And since I found the whole set, I decided to buy it. But I wasn't really happy with it because it was finished in the same color as the one I already had. They even used the same paint for it too. So I was starting to think I'd never have a CTS-V that's finished in another color. That's why I got super excited when I saw this release.


It wasn't finished in a flashy color, but I don't mind because I'm just ecstatically happy to finally have a release of this casting that's finished in a different color. Despite being common, I think white is a great exterior color for any one of Cadillac's vehicles. And I definitely think it's a great color for this model.


Okay, at the start of this post, I said that it sometimes pays to look. Well, it's now time for me share what I found. So after I left the row, I decided to take a moment to look through the bin. For the most part, all of the case "F" releases were there. I even found a few Civics too. But I didn't want any more of those, so I continued to look to see what else was in the bin. After moving the Civics aside, I noticed a '76 Greenwood Corvette that was not like any of the other ones.


I got very excited when I first saw this release, and that's because I've wondered how this casting would look without a livery. Now, I had to stop myself from instantly going to pay for it because I wanted to inspect it further. 

Due to the amount of space there is inside of its bubble, this release can be flipped up, and that made it so I could see the other side. To my surprise, the other side was also plain. The top of this release is the only section that's decorated. So its not entirely plain, but it's close enough. Ultimately, I can ignore the racing number, and I don't mind the stripe.


Alright, those are all three of the awesome new additions to my collection. It might not have been a huge haul, but I'd say this was a very successful diecast hunt. Now, I don't know if I'll ever find the other release from the latest Team Transport assortment. But if I do, then I'll think about getting it. As for the other sedans... well, they're a part of a set that's only being sold at Walmart. And you know how hard it is trying to find Walmart exclusive releases. That's why I'm not going to go out of my way to look for them.

So have you found anything good recently? If so, then go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment