Sunday, July 31, 2022

Best On The Block: July 2022

It's the last day of July, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: 1936 Ford Coupe - 2022 Matchbox Mainline


Why I Picked It: The Matchbox design team has once again created a stunning diecast model of a beautiful American classic, and I'm very pleased with its overall length, width, and height. I also love all of the design choices that were made for this first release of it. So I feel this is one of the best looking releases on the block right now at the Star Boulevard of Speed. And it absolutely deserved to be in the number one spot.

#2: Porsche 935 - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: This is honestly the release I've been waiting for, and I'm not just saying that because it's blue. Although, I do like the blue that was picked. Anyway, this time I'm talking about the design that was created. The debut release looked okay, and I'm sure many of you loved the Urban Outlaw theme. But I was really hoping to see something new, and this release's livery is exactly what I was hoping to see.

#3: Nissan Silvia (S15) - 2022 Hot Wheels Team Transport


Why I Picked It: I never found the Formula Drift Boulevard release, and I was very disappointed because I wanted to have at least one drift themed release of this casting in my collection. Now, I do have the Forza release as well as the "Mona Lisa" from Tokyo Drift, but I don't really consider those to be drift themed releases. I mean... I guess the Tokyo Drift one technically is. But you have to admit that it doesn't have the appearance of being a car that competes in a televised competition. So I feel this HKS Silvia is the first drift themed release in my collection, and that's why I had to pick it for this post. 

#4: Nissan R390 GT1 - 2022 Hot Wheels Zamac


Why I Picked It: The '69 Copo Corvette is the one case "F" Zamac I really wanted have to have due to the color scheme of its livery. But I picked this R390 GT1 instead because I feel it truly looks phenomenal. And as you can see, I got an extra one to have on display. The other releases of it are still cool, and I do really like the blue one, but this one is definitely something else!

#5: '76 Greenwood Corvette - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: Normally, I wouldn't even consider picking a release with a tampo error. After all, these post are solely about the best looking releases that are featured on the boulevard. But I had to make an exception for this one because there are no tampos on either side of this particular Greenwood Corvette. So even though it still has a stripe and a racing number, this is basically the plain release that I've always wanted.

#6: '67 Oldsmobile 442 - 2022 Hot Wheels Ultra Hots Series


Why I Picked It: All eight of the recent Ultra Hots releases are nice enough to be featured in this post, but I decided to pick this one because it's the one that I'd want the most. A few years ago, this was a casting I didn't have. At the time, I thought there weren't going to be anymore releases of it. Eventually, the Hot Wheels team chose to use it again, and they gave it the Gulf livery. Now, even though I got it, I was never completely satisfied because I wanted to have one with a stripe design and nothing else. In other words, I wanted one that looked exactly like this.

Okay, those are the six releases I picked for this month's edition of Best On The Block. Now that you know my favorites, I want to know yours. So go ahead and let me know what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment