Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Best On The Block: May 2022

It's the last day of May, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: Glory Chaser - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: Once again, the Hot Wheels design team has created an unlicensed casting that I really love. And this time, it's a race car that has all of the looks of being from the '50s and the '60s. When I say that I like the timeless look of classic race cars, I'm specifically referring to the ones from those years. All of them had a specific look to them, and this casting depicts the exact look that I like. So the Glory Chaser was definitely going to take the number one spot.

#2: La Troca - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: This has got to be one of the hottest HW Hot Trucks ever! I mean, just look at this release. Not only was it finished in a beautiful color, it was also given a very nice design. I especially love how they chose to decorate its roof as well. 

#3: '66 Chevy Nova - 2022 Hot Wheels Flying Customs


Why I Picked It: This ended up being one of my favorite releases from the latest Flying Customs assortment. And I picked it for the same reason why I picked the La Troca. Like the aforementioned, this too was finished in a beautiful color, and it was given a nice design. 

#4: Liberty Walk Nissan Silvia (S15) - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: Liberty Walk, S15 Silvia, JDM! Do I even need to say more? Okay, in all seriousness, this is a very impressive casting. And picking it for this post was a no-brainer. I mean, if it doesn't put the "Hot" in Hot Wheels, then I don't know what will.

#5: 2020 Koenigsegg Jesko - 2022 Hot Wheels Racing Circuit Series


Why I Picked It: I wasn't able find the entire Racing Circuit set, but that's okay because this is one of my favorite releases from it. Besides being finished in my favorite color, this release features a simple racing theme that I really like. In my opinion, it's what you'd see on an actual Jesko that's participating in a track day event.

#6: 1988 Chevy Monte Carlo LS - 2022 Matchbox Moving Parts


Why I Picked It: I still like the various Monte Carlos I have from Hot Wheels, but all of them have stripe designs. And while there's nothing wrong with that, it does make them look somewhat customized. So for the longest time, I've wanted to have at lease one stock looking release of a Monte Carlo, and this is that release.

Okay, those are the six releases I picked for this month's edition of Best On The Block. Now that you know my favorites, go ahead and let me know down in the comments what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment