Saturday, May 28, 2022

2022 Hot Wheels: Two From A Set & Two From The Mainline

Hello everyone, welcome to another additional feature here on the boulevard. As you know, these post are made when I happen to chance upon some releases I've wanted. And that's exactly what happened on a recent diecast hunt. That day, I decided to go to all of my local stores, and that led to me being able to find a total of four releases. Two of them are from a new set, while the other two are from the mainline. Now then, since they're new, I've decided to talk about the ones from the set first. After that, I'll go over the ones from the mainline. So with that being said, let's begin.

The new set is called "Racing Circuit," and as the name suggest, it's a racing themed set. Now, since I was only able to find two, I decided to look up the rest set on the internet to see if I'd want the other releases. Upon seeing the rest of the set, I'm came to the conclusion that they are not worth the trouble. I mean, the other releases don't look bad, it's just they aren't good enough to make me go out of my way to search for them at the worst store to carry Hot Wheels. Alright, now that I've shared my thoughts on the set, let's move on to the two that I found.

The 2020 Koenigsegg Jesko is one of the two releases I found, and I have to say, it is a release that I'm very happy to have.


Since its debut, this casting has been finished in some okay colors, however, I was hoping to eventually see one finished in my favorite color, and the wait is finally over! I know there's a chance they could do another blue one in the mainline, but it'll most likely be finished in another shade of it. And while there's nothing wrong with, I do happen to think this is a really good shade of blue for the Jesko. So I'm glad I was able to find this release.


Not every racing themed vehicle has to have a flashy livery. Sometimes, less is more, and that's how I feel about this release. I mean, maybe it's just me, but I think the Jesko looks perfect with a simple theme that features the manufacturer's name, an oil sponsor, and some additional stripes on its roof. 


A you saw from my social media post, the 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 is the second one that was left. And it definitely caught my attention due to the color they picked for its exterior. 


Although I like blue, I have to admit that Ford's Grabber Lime is truly something else! It's honestly a great color for both the real car and this diecast model. And for all we know, this might be the only release that's finished in the color. 


I also think this release features some nice tampo details, and I'm not just talking about its racing theme either. Like the previous releases, this too features stripes. However, unlike the previous releases, this one also features details on its rear, and that includes the stripes. Adding the stripes to the rear was definitely a nice touch.


In my opinion, the Jesko and the GT500 are some of the best ones from the set. And even if I did manage to get the other releases, these two will still be the ones I like the most. Okay, now it's time to talk about the mainline releases I found.

So far, I've been able to find most of what I wanted from each of this year's mainline cases. But there ended up being specific releases I couldn't find from two of them. The first one is from case C, and I really though I wasn't going to see it, since all of my local stores have moved on to case E. But an older case got stocked, and that led to me to finally being able get the brand-new '20 Toyota Tacoma. 


Hot Wheels does do a great job at designing modified versions of vehicles, but I'm really happy with their decision to give us a stock looking version of this Tacoma. If they wanted to, they could have designed it with off-road modifications like a bull bar or a light bar. Now, I'll admit that there's nothing wrong with that, after all, I do like how the Tundra casting looks with the latter. But I don't think every pickup truck has to have modifications.

Now, from what I can gather, this isn't just a regular '20 Tacoma. While looking at this casting, I noticed two distinctive features on the front half of it. The hood has a scoop, and the grill has "Toyota" on the center of it. Both of these features make this the TRD Pro version of the Tacoma.


Since this casting is the TRD Pro version, I think it was a fantastic idea to use Voodoo blue, which is a color that was exclusive to the TRD Pro trim. And I can honestly say that this release will always be my favorite one due to it being finished in the color.


The next mainline release I found is the McLaren F1, and I knew I'd have a higher chance of finding it, since it's not from a Japanese manufacturer like the Tacoma. Furthermore, case E is still somewhat new, so I really wasn't worried about it like I was with the aforementioned casting.  


To be honest, black wasn't the color I was hoping to see used for the second release of this casting, but there is a reason why I don't mind its use. When looking at all of the past releases of the F1 GTR casting, I noticed that gloss black was one of the only colors that wasn't used multiple times. So far, the 2017 release of it is the only one that's finished in the color. So there's a small chance that this too could be the only gloss black release of this casting. And I feel that would make it stand out like the F1 GTR from 2017. 


At the end of the day, this looks car looks pretty good finished in black, and that's why I've decided to nickname mine "The Crow." 


It might have taken some time, but I can finally say that I'm ready for the next case. I still can't believe how long it took me to find the Tacoma. I didn't think it'd be the same as trying to find a Datsun, but I guess it is from a Japanese manufacturer, and that automatically makes it the world's most popular diecast model. As for the Racing Circuit set, I don't know if I'll find more. But if I do, then I'll think about getting the other releases. And if not, then that's fine because I was able to get the two that I like the most. 

So how do you feel about the releases I talked about today? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this additional feature. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment