Saturday, April 30, 2022

Best On The Block: April 2022

It's the last day of April, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: '87 Ford Sierra Cosworth - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: I still can't believe how long it took me to find this release, but I guess people really liked it due to it technically being a replica of the Texaco sponsored Sierra Cosworth. Now, I actually didn't know that when I first added it to my want list. Initially, I thought this release featured an original design, but that's not what the designers did. For this release of the Sierra Cosworth, they basically did same thing they did for the Rothmans themed Porsche 962. It features the design from the Texaco livery, but they changed the decals. And I think this release looks just as good as the car it's based on.

#2: '76 Greenwood Corvette - 2022 Hot Wheels Red Edition


Why I Picked It: I was able to find all three latest Red Edition releases, and the BMW 3.0 CSL was my favorite. So why did I pick the Greenwood Corvette then? Well, to answer that question, it's because I feel this one stands out from two older releases that are also red. Both of the releases I'm talking about were finished in dark red, and they both have yellow designs on them. So I think you can understand why I like this one so much. Not only is it a much brighter red, it is red without any yellow designs on it.

#3: '85 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - 2022 Hot Wheels Flying Customs


Why I Picked It: A certain exterior color is sometimes all it takes for me to really love a release, and this release's exterior color is why I picked it for this post. Now, I'd best describe it as being race yellow, and the last time they used it for this casting was back in 2013. Sadly, it was exclusive to the multi-packs, which is why I never got it. So I've spent many days hoping they'd use the it again because I feel it's a great color for this Camaro. 

#4: Raijin Express - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: I was very impressed by this casting when it made its debut last year, and I was hoping for another one with some nice artwork. Well, the designers gave me exactly what I wanted. I, for one, really like dragon artwork, and that's why this release might just be my favorite one for many years to come.

#5: Batplane - 2022 Hot Wheels Batman Series


Why I Picked It: Many fans of the Batman Animated Series might still think the debut release of this casting is the best one, and I can understand why one might feel that way. After all, it is a very accurate replica due to it being black with no designs on it. But I've come to like this one more. It might not be an accurate replica, but it's definitely the coolest one so far. Of course, that opinion is subjective, but I really like how it looks with a camouflage design. 

#6: 2018 Ford Mustang - 2022 Hot Wheels Stars & Stripes


Why I Picked It: I didn't completely like this year's Stars & Stripes set as much as I liked the previous sets, and it's all thanks to two specific releases. To be fair though, it wasn't the worst set they've ever put together, and it did have a few releases that stood out to me. And this is Mustang was one of them. In my opinion, this is a very impressive release. I especially like how they chose to also decorate its roof and trunk. Doing so created a very cool diecast model.

Okay, those are the six releases I picked for this month's edition of Best On The Block. Now that you know my favorites, go ahead and let me know down in the comments what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment