Sunday, March 13, 2022

My Want List: 2022 Hot Wheels Case B - Some But Not All Part 2

Hello, and welcome to the second half of yesterday's post. This one will go over the last five I was able to find. Now, before I begin, I would like to say thank you to those of you that are returning to see the rest of what I got. Alright, let's begin.

It goes without saying that there are many great vehicle builders out there, and that's why the Legends Tour contest was a great idea. Sure, the Hot Wheels design team does a great job at creating new castings, but you have to admit that it's nice to see someone else's idea turned into a diecast model. So that's why I hope they'll continue to hold these events for many years to come. Doing so will lead to the creation of many cool diecast models. 

The previous two Legends Tour releases are okay, but I always thought they looked like something the designers created. Now, don't get me wrong, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. After all, I do like the various cars they create. But I have to admit that I was hoping they'd eventually pick a build that was a little less cartoonish. And thankfully, that's what they did.   


I have to say, this is one HOT 1970 Pontiac Firebird! In fact, I feel it's currently the best looking Legends Tour release. I know they want to have castings that appeal to children, but I think it was about time they picked one like this.  


I really hope this casting gets many releases going forward. I mean, there's so many different things they could do with a casting like this. Just think of all the different stripe designs, flames, and racing liveries they could create for this car. So I'd love to see it used consecutively for the next five years. 


Last year, Hot Wheels wheels finally gave us the McLaren F1, which is my second all-time favorite car. At the time I was excited, but I was also worried that they were going to stop using the FT GTR casting. And I guess I feel that way about a lot of their older castings, but you never know when they'll suddenly stop using a casting. The Lamborghini Diablo is a perfect example of that. Anyway, I felt they could have done a lot more with the F1 GTR casting. And it looks like they will, since it's the next release checked off of my want list.


So how do you feel about wild color schemes? Personally, I don't always like them, but there are times when I do. And this is one of those times. Basically, it all comes down to the colors that are picked. Last year, the Porsche 944 had a recolor, and it's an example of a color scheme I don't like. The blue they picked didn't just didn't go with the red they picked. Fortunately, this release was finished in a color that goes great with red.

Although I like this release, I do wish they would have given it at least one additional decal. If I was the one who created this livery, I would have added the Michelin decal. To be fair though, not having decals is something I can ignore because I'm just happy to see a continued use of this casting.


I'm going to assume that, like me, all of you look forward to the screen time mainline series each year. It's so nice being able to have little replicas of vehicles from various medias. And I feel they are some of the most unique diecast releases. So with that being said, the next release I got is the Disney Steamboat.


Unlike the various other mainline castings, these Screen Time ones do not usually have many differences between each release. And that's understandable since the vehicles do belong to another entity. But I do like when they're able to change the color of these castings, and that's what I like about this release of the Steamboat. Though similar, this one has a dark brown look to its color.


Thanks to the colors they picked, this year's release has more of an old cartoon look to it, and that's why I feel it's the better of the two. Okay, let's move on to the penultimate release. 

So are you also collecting the Borla themed releases? Actually, forget I asked. Of course you are. I mean... who isn't, right? I think we all like being able to have matching themed releases. And I'm definitely in love with the Borla themed ones, which is why I had to have this year's release of the '20 Jeep Gladiator. 


I know that some of the other Borla releases are based on actual vehicles, but I'm not quite sure if this one is. If it's not, then I have to say, the designers did a marvelous job at creating a design that's based on Borla's theme.

Now I want to put the spotlight on the "ATAK" that's above the front wheel. According to Borla's site, "ATAK" stands for Acoustically-Tuned Applied Kinetics, and these are their loudest exhaust systems. So I feel this additional detail was a nice touch because it tells us what exhaust system this release has. And it also tells us that this is the loudest release so far.


When you think of a diecast Humvee, what is the first thing that comes to mind? For me, it's a dark green or tan army vehicle. What doesn't instantly come to mind is a one that has a nice design, and is finished in a cool color. So that's another example of why I like Hot Wheels. Thanks to this brand, we're able to have awesome looking Humvees.  


This release might not be as decorated as the 2019 Baja Blazres release, but I feel they did an okay job at creating one we'd all love. Although... maybe it's just me that thinks that. I don't know about your stores, but there were a lot of these left on the pegs at mine. Anyway, I love the orange they picked, and you could never go wrong with a black stripe design. Furthermore, unlike the F1 GTR, this one features an additional tire decal. 

I'm not going to make a huge stink, but I would have given this release different wheels. But I guess I'm going to have to accept these brown wheels being used for the various off-road releases.


Alright, that's all of the releases I got. There's still a few more I need from case B, and I have no idea when I'll be able to find them. So it might be some time before there is another My Want List post. But I'm just glad I was able to find ten of the ones I wanted.

Okay, what was your favorite release from case B? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Well, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment