Saturday, March 12, 2022

My Want List: 2022 Hot Wheels Case B - Some But Not All Part 1

Hello everyone, welcome to today's edition of My Want List. As you've probably noticed, there wasn't a whole lot of post last month. Things have really been slow, and I know it has to do with the various happenings going on in the world right now. In fact, I almost decided to take a brake from hunting. But just as I was about to, one more trip to the store yielded some results. The only bad thing is that I wasn't able to find everything I wanted from this case, which is why this post is titled the way it is. Of course, something is always better than nothing, especially when there hasn't been much out there as of late. Alright, that's enough small talk, let's get this post started.

It goes without saying that race cars are some of the coolest diecast models to have, and it's no lie that Hot Wheels does a fantastic job creating both replicas as well as their own original vehicles. So with that being said, the first three releases I'm going to talk about are race cars.

One casting I was excited to see is the '70 Chevelle. If you think about it, there really hasn't been that many release of it. In fact, this is the seventh release. The last time it was used was in 2019, and it was in a 5-pack. So I started to think it was about to become a casting that was no longer really used. Fortunately, that's not the case, and I'm very glad because this is an awesome race car. 


Once again, the Hot Wheels designers created a wonderful looking release of this casting, and I do like most of the design choices that were made for it. I especially like how it features three real-life aftermarket decals. The top of this release was also decorated, and that's plus for me. Although... I do think they should have also added the racing number to the hood as well. 

The spotlight also needs to be placed on the wheels. Why is that? Well, this is the first release with the DD8s, and I think they're a nice wheel for this race car. The color of the rim is the only thing I would have done differently. Instead of white, I would have made it chrome. Other than that, I have nothing else bad to say about this release. 


Stomping its dinosaur feet down the drag strip is the "Triassic Five," which is the latest release of the '55 Chevy Bel Air Gasser. 


So which version of this Gasser were you all interested in? Did you have your sights set on the Red Line Club version? Feel free to let me know down in the comments. As for me, I'm just glad they made a mainline version. This is such a cool livery for this car, and it would have been disappointing if it was just a Red Line Club exclusive.

Minus the paint, this version is basically the same as the Red Line Club one. However, it is worth mentioning that three of this version's decals are different than the ones seen on the car they had depicted in the article. But that's not an issue for me, since it still has a total of four, and they are all placed in the same spot. 


Back in 2016, collectors like me were wowed when Hot Wheels released the '73 BMW 3.0 CSL Race Car. They even gave us a recolor that had a different racing number. In the following year, they gave us another mainline release, as well as a premium Forza themed one. And then there were no more releases after that, which is why I came to the conclusion that they were done with the casting. 

At the time, I was a little saddened because white and black were the two main colors they used for its releases. So I felt they should have done more colors. Well, little did I know that in 2022 they were going to release another one, and it was finally going to be one finished in a different color.


This is exactly what I was waiting for! I'm sure many of you had the Super on your want list, but as usual, I just wanted the regular one. And based on the watermark I gave it, I think you can clearly see why. RPM STARZ aside, this is a very nice release. The first two were great because they were replicas of the actual cars, but I was waiting to see what type of livery they'd create for it. And I have to say, I'm very pleased with what I'm looking at. I especially like how they gave it a red base.

I'm also pleased with their decision to decorate the hood, and unlike the Chevelle, this one's hood features the racing number. It also features the Castrol decal, which I feel was a nice addition to the hood's decoration.


Okay, that's enough fun at the race track. Now it's time to head back to the streets because that's where you'd see the next two releases. So with that being said, the next one I'm going to talk about is the Ford Focus RS. My preferred color for this car is blue, which is why I still very much like the debut release. However, I'm now going to have a hard time picking a favorite thanks to this one also being finished in blue. And even though it's slightly lighter, it's still similar to the one used for the debut release.


Since they chose to use a similar blue, I feel they should have picked different wheels for this release. In case you don't have it, the debut release of this casting was also given the PR5s. Anyway, back in 2017, Hot Wheels released a Koni themed release of this casting, and it was given the J5s. Personally, this casting looks really good with them. So I would have given this release white J5s instead. Doing so would have made it stand out a little more. To be fair though, this is still an okay release, and it is perfect for those of you who didn't get the first one. Some of you might even like this one a little more due to the stripe design it has.


As you all know, Hot Wheels has continued their Batman mainline series, and it is a series that I'm very happy to see. I, for one, love being able to have Batman's vehicles finished in different colors. That's why you'll usually see the various releases featured here. So the Arkham Asylum Batmobile is the next release I got.


This continues to be one of my favorite versions of the Batmobile due to its overall shape, and I think they picked a fantastic color for it. It might not be everyone's favorite, but using green is one way to make a Batmobile stand out from the other ones. Further helping with that are the wheels. Most of this casting's releases were given five spoke wheels, so it's nice to finally see one with a different type of wheel.


Okay, I'm going to stop this first part at five releases. The last five I got will be talked about tomorrow. So stay tuned! Be sure to let me know your thoughts on these down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this first part. Until tomorrow, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment