Sunday, February 20, 2022

Today On The Boulevard: 2022 Hot Wheels Motor Show 5-Pack - Too Good To Not Get Multiples

Hello everyone! Welcome to another edition of Today On The Boulevard. It's no lie that 5-packs give collectors some very nice releases, and in recent years, I've found myself paying more attention to them due to that very reason. This has ultimately led to me adding some of the latest ones to my collection. And yes, they do take up a bit more space, however, it's all worth it at the end of the day! Now, as you saw from my social media post, today's topic is why I decided to buy multiples of the latest Hot Wheels 5-pack called Motor Show. So without further ado, let's get right to it!

Although these packs have releases I really like, I'll usually stick to just getting one because there isn't a release I want to have on display. And that's actually a good thing for my bank account. Anyway, things changed when I came across this new 5-pack hanging on the pegs. This pack not only had five awesome releases, it had one that I absolutely had to have on display. And it's one I've truly been waiting for. 

Now, I'm sure most of you have already added this 5-pack to your collection, so you already know all five of the releases it has. And if you're not new to the boulevard, then you most likely know which one made me buy multiples. But if not, then allow me briefly talk about my all-time favorite car.

I'm going to assume that most of you had a dream car when you were a child. I did, and it was none other than the Dodge Viper. I was always fascinated by its overall design, and it continues to be my all-time favorite car to this day. Oh, and let me not forget to mention that blue with white stripes is my preferred color scheme for it. And the reason for that has to do with how the first Viper I saw as a kid was that very color scheme. So if you didn't already know, this 5-pack has a blue 2013 Dodge Viper with white stripes, and that is one of the reasons why it was too good to not get multiples.


OH YES! Okay, I'm sorry for the capital letters, which I know is considered shouting, it's just I can't contain my excitement. There's been many nice releases of this casting since its debut, and I do have a lot of them. But at the end of the day, none of them were given my preferred color scheme. And even though I still like them, I've honestly spent many days hoping to eventually see a blue one with white stripes. So I think you can imaging the big smile I had on my face when I saw this release.

I'm actually a little shocked at how this color scheme wasn't used for the Factory 500 H.P. release. You'd think they would have chose to use a different color, since the debut release was also red. But hey, it's better late than never, and I don't mind paying 5-pack prices for more than one. And I guess it is nice to also have a red one with stripes too.


Okay, I think I've said enough about the 2013 Viper. Now I need to put the spotlight on the other four, since I also wanted to have them on display as well. So the next release I'm going to talk about is the beautiful Renault Sport R.S O1. Now, for some reason, Hot Wheels has only used this casting in their mainline twice, and there hasn't been many more releases after that. Most of the ones after the second mainline release were in 5-packs like this one. And sadly, they are releases I don't have. 

Since they're mostly using it for their 5-packs, I decided that I didn't want to miss too many of its releases. And to be honest with you, this latest release is one of the coolest ones.


So why do I think it's one of the coolest ones? Just look at how decorated it is! I love how they're starting to give us nicely decorated releases of this casting. I know the initial releases weren't plain, but they weren't as decorated as this or the previous one. I also like how they've continued to add details to the side of its wing.

The stripe design isn't the only thing I like about this release though. I also like the wheels choice. As you can see, the designers chose to use the lace wheels for this release. And I don't know about you, but I think it's nice to see a release of this casting with wheels that haven't already been used for it. Now, besides being used for the first time, I feel they complement its overall racing appearance. So it'd be nice to see more releases with them. But for all we know, this might end up being the only one with them. And that is another reason why I didn't mind buying multiples of this 5-pack.


The next car being brought to the "Motor Show" is the Aston Martin Vulcan. This is such a marvelous casting, and I've actually wanted to have one on display for quite some time now. But I never got around to getting an extra one. Well, I can finally say mission accomplished! In fact, I'm kind of glad I waited because not having one open already contributed to me having no problem buying multiples of this 5-pack. 


I do find it interesting how orange is the color they picked for this release. I mean... there's nothing wrong with an orange Vulcan, I just think it's interesting how they chose to use the color again so soon. Of course, it isn't the same orange as the one used for the Car Culture release, but it's still orange nonetheless. So I do kind of think they should have taken the opportunity to use a completely different color, but I'm not going to complain. After all, being finished in this color has made it so I have a nice display model.


The Jaguar XE SV Project 8 is the next car I'm going to talk about, and I already had one on display due to me needing more releases for a mail-in promotion. So if you've ever visited the boulevard's World Wide & Exotics auto museum, then you already know which release I had on display. Well, I'll be putting that one away in favor of this one, since I really like the color the picked for its exterior.


If you haven't visited the aforementioned museum, then you should know that the one I had on display was the silver 2020 Nightburnerz release. I don't think I have to say it, but there's nothing wrong with a silver XE SV Project 8. I honestly think the car looks very beautiful finished in the color. I just currently have a few too many silver cars on display, which is why I wanted to have more diversity. And this release is exactly what I needed.


The last car being brought to the "Motor Show" is the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. It might not be my all-time favorite car like the Viper, but it also made me say OH YES! Like the Renault, this too is a casting that hasn't had that many mainline releases. And sadly, I only had three other releases prior to this one. So since I don't have many of its releases, I figured why not also have one on display.


Besides not having many, there is another reason why I like this release. And it basically has to do with its exterior color. You never know when they'll stop using a casting, and they don't always use a certain color twice. So it's possible for a collector to miss out on getting a release of a casting finished in a certain color. With that being said, there's a small chance that this 5-pack could be the only way for any collector to have a yellow Sesto Elemento. And it's no lie that it looks stunning finished in the color, which is why it was a release I couldn't miss. 


The Viper is obviously my favorite car from this 5-pack, but I can honestly say that all five of these releases are must-haves. Ultimately, the folks at Hot Wheels put together one hot 5-pack, and it has me excited for the other packs the're going to release this year.

So how do you feel about the Motor Show 5-pack? Do you have a favorite release? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment