Monday, January 10, 2022

My Want List: 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline - Off To An Okay Start Part 2

Hello, and welcome to the second part of my 2022 case A want list. In total, there were eleven releases I had on my list, and six of them were talked about in part one. So be sure to check out that post if you missed it. Now, some of you might think I've saved the best for last, and that might just be true depending on the type of releases you like. But I actually didn't intend to make it that way. Basically, I post pictures in the order I take them. So the releases I talked about yesterday were the first ones I took pictures of, and these ones just so happened to come after them. Anyway, that's enough small talk. Let's go over the last five releases I wanted to get.

Do you still here it? I bet you're wondering what "it" is. Well, what I'm talking about are the various Super Eurobeat songs that are associated with a certain car, as well as a few memes. I, for one, still have those tunes playing with the volume turned all the way up, and that's one of the reasons why I was excited to find the next mainline release of the Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno.

Being an AE86 is not the only reason why I was excited though. Like many of you, I wasn't able to add the Boulevard release of this casting to my collection. And as you know, that release was plain, which is why I really wanted to have it. At the time, I had a total of three releases of the original AE86 casting, and all of them have designs. So I was happy with the thought of being able to have a plain Hot Wheels AE86. 

Later on, Hot Wheels made the decision to add their new AE86 casting to the mainline, and as much as I liked that release, it still wasn't plain. The release after that wasn't plain either. So I truly thought I'd missed my chance to finally have a plain Hot Wheels AE86. But what I didn't know, was that Hot Wheels was going to release one that I'd be satisfied with. 


It might not be completely plain like the Boulevard release, but it's not decorated with a drift style livery like the other ones I have. Furthermore, it's a white AE86 with a hood that's not black. In my opinion, not every single AE86 has to have a carbon fiber hood. So I'm glad they didn't do that to this release. 

It is also worth mentioning that this release was given a satin finish. I don't know how you feel about that, but I think it makes this release stand out from the other white AE86 releases. All in all, this is truly the release I was waiting for.



As you saw from my Tweet or Pin, the next JDM release I wanted is the Mazda REPU. Now, if I'd missed out on the older releases of it, then I would have said that I wanted this release because of how simple the design on it is. But I actually have all of this casting's releases besides the Super Treasure Hunt, and two of them have a simple design like this one. So my reasoning for wanting this release has nothing to do with how its not overly decorated. It also has nothing to do with its exterior color, although... I do think it looks great finished in orange.


So why did I want it? Well, I basically wanted this release because it was given the Retro Slot wheels. In case you haven't noticed, all of this castings releases (except for the Super) have had the DD8 wheels. And while there's nothing wrong with that, it is nice to finally see one with some different wheels. 

Even though I didn't get it for the design, I do have to say that I like how they kept things simple. A nice stripe with some additional details is all that was needed to create a nice release of the is pickup. It's also nice how they gave it front and rear details.



In recent times, Hot Wheels has given collectors some of the older high-end street cars, as well as the older race cars. For example, we finally got the Bugatti EB110 and the GTR version of the Mecedes-Benz CLK. Although it is nice to see those being made, there's no denying how important it is to have the newer ones made as well. So that's why I had a big smile on my face when I found out we were going to get Porsche's latest 935. 


I don't think I have to say it, but everything about this casting is perfect. I feel they were able to make a superb 1:64 scale replica of this car. I only wish they were able to make it have a black plastic wing, but I'm definitely not going to complain about that. After all, we might have ended up with a premium casting had they tried to do that, and that wouldn't have been good at all. You might like a premium version of this car, but that would have meant that less collectors could have gotten one at retail. 

I guess I said a little too much about the wing, so let me move on to one of the other sections of this casting. And the lower half of it's sides is the next section of this casting I'd like to put the spotlight on. Thanks to the design of the body and the base, this little version of the 935 has realistic looking carbon fiber exterior features.  


Now, I don't know about you, but I'd like to see the other six liveries used for this casting. It was definitely a great idea to start things of with the MOMO livery, but we definitely need to see the other available liveries used for this casting. So I have my fingers crossed. Now, it is possible that this is the only one they're able to legally use, and that would be unfortunate. But I hope that isn't the case. However, if that's the case, then I hope the designers create some nice looking liveries for it.


The '19 Mercedes-Benz A-Class is the next release I checked off of my want list. And to be honest, it might just be my favorite release of it due to it being a nice shade of blue. But that's something I haven't decided on since I still like the matte grey Nightburnerz release. Okay, now that I got its exterior color out of the way, I'm going to focus on that fact that this release was given a design. And no, my opinion of it is not negative, it's actually positive.


There are some castings that I feel look better without a design, and this was initially one of them. However, my opinion has now changed thanks to this release and its simple stripe that was applied to the driver side of the hood. It's a perfect example of what I do to a real A-Class if I was going to put a design on it.


The wheels are the next thing I'd like to talk about. Personally, I wouldn't have even considered putting white wheels on a car like this, but Hot Wheels has showed me how cool this car could look with them. So combined with the stripe, this design choice made this car have more of a sporty look to it.


The next release I wanted from case A is the '55 Chevy. It's always nice to see a release of this beautiful American classic, and this is the second recent release of it that's nice looking. Now, I'm sure many of you will want the Super Treasure Hunt, but I'm definitely happy with the regular version. I do have more than two releases of this casting in my collection, but none of them are blue, and the shade used for this release is perfect, if I do say so myself.  


The exterior color isn't the only thing I like about this release. The design created for it, as well as its interior color, also contributed to me wanting it. As far as the design is concerned, I think we can all agree that it's the perfect kind of design for this classic. So I don't need to say much about it. With the interior, there's a few different colors they could have picked, and all of them would have been great choices. However, I think it's awesome how they chose a beige interior for this release. Personally, it goes great with the colors used for the exterior.


As much as I like this release, I do have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the wheels they picked for it. I mean... they aren't bad, so don't get me wrong. It's just the card art depicts this release with what appears to be the Retro Slot wheels. In my opinion, this particular release would have looked better with the Retro Slot wheels. At the end of the day though, I can ignore the wheels because I like everything else about this release, and I'm just glad to finally have a blue one.


Alright, that's all of the releases I had on my 2022 case A want list. There were a few other releases I ended up liking, but they weren't on my want list. So I made the decision to not talk about them in this post. It is worth mentioning that I might talk about them in a different post. So you might end up seeing an additional feature in the coming days. Anyway, this was another one of those ten out of ten cases, and I'm glad I didn't have too hard of a time trying to complete my want list. I mean... just look at how long it took me to finally be done with 2021's mainline. Well, I guess it's time to be on the hunt for this year's case B.

So what was your favorite release from this case? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Okay, that's all for this multi-part edition of My Want List. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment