Monday, January 31, 2022

Best On The Block: January 2022

It's the last day of January, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: This release had to take the number one spot, and no, it's just because it's an AE86. For the longest time, I've wanted a plain or non drift themed release of this car. And like many of you, I wasn't able to get my hands on the Boulevard release. So despite not being entirely plain, this release is has completely satisfied my need for a non drift themed release.

#2: Minecart- 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: In my opinion, this release definitely deserved to be featured in this post. Why is that? Well, from what I can gather, the in-game cart only has one texture, and there's no way to get one that looks like this. So I feel that make this release unique, and you know how I love unique releases. That's why I honestly had no issue making this the second best release on the block for the month of January. 

#3: '20 Toyota GR Supra - 2021 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: I think you already know the reason why I picked this release. If not, then it has to do with its color scheme. Thanks to the design choices made for it, RPM STARZ can now participate in the various drift competitions held by the 1:64 Scale GT. Now, besides being the team's latest race car, I do think it's nice to see another Greddy themed vehicle that's not white. Of course, there's nothing wrong with white colored Greddy vehicles. I just think releases like this are nice because it gives us the chance to see how a theme will look over a different color. And this release has made me realize that yellow is an okay color for a Greddy themed vehicle.

#4: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI - 2021 Hot Wheels Premium


Why I Picked It: I love seeing new castings, and it's even better when it's a manufacturer that's not seen as often as the other ones. So that's why the two new Mitsubishi castings were my favorites from the Latest Modern Classics Car Culture assortment. And that's why I had to pick them for this month's edition of Best On The Block. I should also mention that these new castings are what made me add this manufacturer to the boulevard's JDM Auto Museum. 

#5: Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 - 2021 Hot Wheels Premium


Why I Picked It: You already know why I picked this release, so you can go ahead and move on to the last one.

#6: '76 Greenwood Corvette - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: This is such an awesome casting, and I always look forward to its releases due to the fact that the designers create nice designs for it. Now, this release's livery might not be as colorful as the ones created for previous releases, but it's still a nice design nonetheless. Furthermore, this release has more real-life sponsor decals than the other mainline releases. So I think that's enough of a reason to make it one of this month's best releases on the block.

Okay, those are the six releases I picked for this month's edition of Best On The Block. Now that you know my favorites, go ahead and let me know down in the comments what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment