Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: Another Chance At A Hot Wheels Comic-Con Casting

Hello, and welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. Whether it's the Screen Time series in the mainline, or the Entertainment premium series, it's no lie that both of these provide collectors with some great models. And I especially like when Hot Wheels decides to use castings that were initially Comic-Con exclusives. These releases make it so collectors like me have a chance at having great models without having to deal with the hassle of the event. The only thing that's special about the actual exclusives is that they feature the characters as well, but that doesn't matter to me. Ultimately, the vehicles are the only thing I really care about. 

So the release being talked about today is the Spiderman GP-7, and it was made for the 2019 Comic-Con. As I've said before, I'm not someone who can tell you everything there is to know about the various super heroes. In other words, I'm not a buff. I guess you could say that I'm more of a casual fan. 


I might not know everything, but that doesn't stop me from collecting unique models. As you know, I consider comic book and movie vehicles to be unique. And since I like collecting them, I definitely had to get this one. I should also mention that there's another reason why I wanted it. You remember the other Spiderman vehicle, right? Well I have both of the releases that came after the Comic-Con ones. So I figured I'd need to have this one too. We get many different Batmobile releases, but we don't always get releases of the other comic book and movie vehicles. So I can honestly say that I was stoked to find this release!

After I got done admiring this vehicle, I decided to do some research on it to see which story it came from. Upon doing so, I learned some interesting things about it. Now I'm sure a lot of you know the origins of this vehicle, so you can just skip this part. Still here? Well that means you're like me. So basically, this vehicle is from a Japanese television series produced by Toei Company with permission from Marvel. I had no idea there was a Japanese version of Spiderman. As for the car, I learned that it could fly and was equipped with weapons. I also learned that this version of spiderman used a ship called "Marveller" that could transform into a giant robot called "Leopardon." 


Besides looking for information on this vehicle, I also needed to find pictures to use as a reference. I like Hot Wheels, but I also like to see some amount of accuracy with their replicas. So based on the pictures I found, I'd say this is a pretty good replica. I, for one, feel they did a good job re-creating all of it's features. 


At the end of the day, this is definitely a must-have release for both collectors and fans of the franchise alike. And I'm so glad I had another chance to get this vehicle.

So how do you feel about this release? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment