Tuesday, December 28, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case Q - Just Three more

Hello everyone! Welcome to a new edition of My Want List. As you already know, I was able to get most of the releases I wanted from this year's Hot Wheels case Q. But like I said at the end of part two, there were still some I needed to find. There were a total of five more releases on my want list, and I was sadly only able to find three of them. Although it would have been nice to be done with this case, I am extremely happy with the three I found. At the end of the day, all three of them are ones I really wanted to have. So with that being said, let's get this post started!

The first one I'm going to talk about is the Pagani Huayra. You don't typically see vehicles from this manufacturer when you go down the diecast row. So far, Hot Wheels has just made the two versions of the Huayra. To be honest, I really want them to make the Zonda. Since we've gotten some of the older exotic cars like the EB110 and the McLaren F1, I have my fingers crossed that they'll eventually give us the Zonda. Anyway, let me get back to this latest release of the Huayra.

I have to say, I'm very glad they've decided to do another mainline release of this casting. Sadly, I missed out on the initial releases of it, which means I missed out on the plain releases. I had a total of three releases prior to this one from case Q. My first one was from the 2016 Gran Turismo set, my second one was from the Forza Entertainment assortment, and my third one is the release with the Gumball 3000 themed. Although I like the last two, my first one was my favorite since it wasn't overly decorated. Well thanks to the design choices made for this one, I now have a new favorite. It's a little more decorated than my first one, but I feel it's a design that complements the overall appearance of this vehicle. 



I think we can all agree that this is a very beautiful release of this casting. Now that I've talked about the design, I need to put the spotlight on the exterior color, as well as the wheel color. All I can say is that I love it! The Hot Wheels designers picked a very stunning shade of metallic gold for this release. I'm sure many of you will still prefer the look of the Spectraflame gold used for the id version, but I think this gold is just as good. 

As for the wheels, I really like how they chose to make them gold. I might have made them black, since this release has a black design on, but I have to admit that gold was a fantastic choice. All in all, this is a flawless release, and I'm so glad to have another one of these that I really like. Alright, let's get to the next release I got.


The second one I got is the Shelby Cobra 427 S/C. Since it's debut, Hot Wheels has given collectors many different releases of this casting. And since I wasn't always into diecast, I don't have as many of them as I'd like. I actually had two releases prior to these recent ones, and both of them feature an opening hood. At the time, I was happy with them, however, I wanted to have more of them. Fortunately, they've decided to use it in the mainline again, and thanks to last year's release, I was finally able to get one to have on display.  

I can truly say that I'm pleased with this year's release and the design choices made of it. It was finished in a very nice shade of red, and it has a simple design that's perfect for it. Stripes with a racing number is all this casting needs. Although... since most releases of this casting have stripes and a number circle, I really wouldn't mind one with flames or scallops. I should also mention that I'm still hoping to see another mainline releases that's finished in blue. Getting another one finished in the aforementioned color will make it so I don't have to eventually turn to Ebay.


There is one design choice that's interesting, and I don't mean that in a bad way. The top of this release was given a number circle like the sides, but it was only placed on the trunk. In all honesty, I'm used to seeing this kind of detail placed on the hood. Only placing it on the trunk is not something I would have done, but it's definitely something different. And that's a good thing because it can help to keep the releases from being too similar.

As you all have seen, Hot Wheels has decided to use the Retro Slot wheels more, and those are the wheels they chose for this release. These wheels look great on a lot of castings, and this is definitely one of them!



I'm actually surprised at how long it took me to find the Huayra and the Cobra. I know they're nice releases, but both of them are regular versions of special releases. And it used to be way easier to get these regular versions because folks would leave them, since they weren't the special ones. But I guess things are a little different now. Okay, let's move on to the last release I got.

The Bad Bagger is the next release I ended up finding, and I was truly excited to finally see another mainline release of it. This casting made it's debut many years ago, and I only had one release of it. This is such a cool motorcycle, so I'm a little disappointed with my younger self for ignoring the awesome releases I could have gotten at retail cost. Back then, I wasn't too into motorcycles like I am now. Of course, things are a little different now that I'm older, and that's why the 2016 Treasure Hunt release is the one I had.


Like the one I had, this too has a flame design. I still like the Treasure Hunt release because it's blue, but I can honestly say that this release's flame design is better than the Treasure Hunt release's design. Unlike that one, the top of this one has flames, and they weren't just applied to the fuel tank either. The designers also placed them just behind the seats. 


Well, those are the three releases I was able to find. Sadly, I'm still not done with this case, and I don't know if I ever will be. I mean, there's a chance I could come across the last ones I want, but I not going to go out of my way to look of them. If I find them, great, and if not, then that's also great. They're just recolors anyway, so it's not that big of a deal. Ultimately, I have all of the main releases I wanted from this case, so I'm satisfied.

So what was your favorite release from this case? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of My Want list. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment