Tuesday, December 21, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case Q - Part 2

Hello, and welcome to the second part of my case Q want list. Have you ever found a toy you forgot you had when you were younger? Well, I did earlier this year. Since I had some free time, I decided to go through a box that contained some random things from when I was young. While going through it, one of the things I found was a very old release of the Fire-Eater. And as you'll see, it's in really bad shape. But hey, at least I enjoyed playing with it, and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.



Now that I'm older and like to have closed releases, I felt the need to try and get another one. And it's too bad I didn't find this release a little earlier, because there's been a few different releases within the last few years. I really would have gotten one of them had I know about the one I had. But since I missed them, I came to the conclusion that I'd have to get one off of Ebay. However, what I didn't know, was that I'd have another chance thanks to this year's mainline. So I'm glad I didn't immediately jump on my computer to buy one.  


This is definitely a great replacement, if I do say so myself. It might not be red like the one I initially had, but I feel they picked a really nice color for it.

Besides the color, I also like how it was given the DD8 wheels. In my opinion, they are a great wheel for a vehicle like this, and I really like how it looks with them. It's also worth mentioning that this is the first release with them. And by now, you should know how I feel about that.



Now, as you've probably noticed, I don't always talk about emergency vehicles here on the boulevard. They aren't bad, it's just they aren't what I usually get, but that doesn't mean I won't eventually get one. After all, I got the Fire-Eater, and two police vehicles from Matchbox. Anyway, I ended up getting a second emergency vehicle from this case, and it actually wasn't on my list due to it being the Treasure Hunt. But since I found it, I figured I'd just get. 


Personally, the police themed release is still better than this one, but that's simply because it reminds me of the police cars in Need For Speed, which was a game I always played when I was younger. This one is still cool though, and the design applied to it isn't bad. 

Although it's named "Countach Police Car," it's design says otherwise. I might be wrong, but I'm going to assume that this is some kind of rapid medical response vehicle. Yeah... I don't think you could fit much medical equipment into a Countach, but I guess medical staff could get to the scene a lot quicker with it. 



Today is the day when the boulevard's racing association is holding a race called Kings Of The Off-Road Challenge. This is no easy race to win. Each team has to navigate some of the toughest terrain around the outskirts of Diecast BLVD. Now I bet you're wondering if RPM STARZ is going to compete. Well, sadly we're sitting this one out. At the moment, we don't have a qualifying off-road racer. Of course, we're very interested in participating in this race. So we've decided to take a little field trip to see the competition. 

Upon arriving, we noticed some serious looking rides. This had me eager to see who was going to win. One of the teams there was none other than our rivals. Of course... they just had to compete. Now I'll admit that their Range Classic is nice, and it's probably the best vehicle at the competition, but I definitely don't want them to win!


Okay, all jokes aside, this is a really cool release of this new casting. I've been enjoying all of the various Range Rover releases we've gotten in recent times, and I'm definitely in love with this one. I mean, who wouldn't like this release? Besides being new, it features an outstanding amount of decoration. For a $1 mainline, they truly went all-out with the livery. Even the back half of this release was decorated. 



Ultimately, I liked this release so much, I decided to get an extra one to have on display. At the time, I felt it would look nice sitting next to the Land Rover Defender 90, and I was right!


The next two releases are recolors, so there's not a whole lot to say about them. But what I can say is that I like them a little more than the ones released earlier this year. And of course, there's a reason for that opinion. 

Remember how I said I love seeing releases of a casting with wheels that haven't already been used for it? Well, I also like seeing releases finished in colors that haven't already been used, and that's what I like about the recolor of the '17 Ford GT. As you know, this year's first release was finished in white. It wasn't the same type of paint, but that color was already used for the release in the 2019 Exotics Series. So I had to add this latest one to my want list, since this is the first one finished in black, and I love how they chose to use metallic black. 


Although I like this recolor, I do have one small issue with one of the design choices. For some reason, the designers chose to not paint the number on the roof gold like the number on the sides. I know it's not that big of a deal, but sometimes I scratch my head when I see some of the design choices made.



The '85 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z is the next recolor I got. Among the various automotive colors I like, blue is my favorite. And that's basically why I like this one more than the one released earlier this year. I'm truly happy to finally have one of these finished in blue. I know this isn't the first time the color was used, but it's the first time it was used for a non multi-pack release. As I've said before, I don't always get those because of how altered I've seen them. 


I also think they picked a great color for the design. Maybe it's just my love for the color, but I think this blue combines perfectly with the metallic blue used for the exterior. 



Okay, that's all of the releases I was able to check off of my want list. As you probably guessed, there's still a few more I need to find. As usual, it might be some time before I'm able to find them, so don't expect a post anytime soon. At the end of the day though, I can say that I'm completely satisfied with what I was able to get. 

So how do you feel about the releases talked about today? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment