Wednesday, November 10, 2021

White Booth Wednesday #109

It's once again time for another Wednesday showcase here on the boulevard. Here's this week's featured vehicle.


Vehicle: Volkswagen Transporter Cab
Series: 2017 Matchbox Explorers
Boulevard Rating: 7
How I Feel About This Release: I have a few releases of this casting in my collection, but this one is still my favorite. Remember how I like having at least one plain release of every casting I collect? Well, this is that plain release. All of the releases after this one have a design, which is fine. But I'm truly glad I was able to get this one. Being plain isn't the only reason why I like this one though, so let's move on to the next thing I like about it. I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again! I like seeing releases finished in colors that are based on ones that were used for the real vehicle. And that appears to be the case with this release's exterior color. Upon doing a Google image search, I found pictures of the real vehicle finished in a green that looks very similar to the one used for this release. Now even if it wasn't a color offered by Volkswagen back then, I'd still think this shade of green was an okay color for this vehicle. So being plain, as well as being finished in a nice color, are why I had to make it this week's featured vehicle.


So how do you feel about this week's featured vehicle? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments. Till next time, happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment