Monday, November 8, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: A Hot Wheels Bugatti Kind Of Day

Hi everyone, welcome to another edition of Today On The Boulevard. Have you ever had one of those days where things just went your way? Well, I did. As you know, I still needed to find the star of case N, so I decided that it was time to go looking for it. To be honest, I really wasn't expecting to find much of anything, since my local stores have not had as many diecast cars as they used to in years gone by. But the day ended up being a day like no other. Not only did I find the star of case N, I also found a certain release I was missing from a previous Car Culture assortment. So with that being said, let's get started.

After all this time, and many trips to my local stores, I was finally able to get my hands on the Exotic Envy release of the '16 Bugatti Chiron. As time went on, I figured I'd never see it, since it ended up being the only one that was bought from every store that carries Hot Wheels. I also came to the conclusion that the next Car Culture assortment was about to be released. So I happily scratched it off my want list like I do for a lot of releases. 


There was another reason why I scratched it off my want list though, and it has to do with the colors used for it's exterior. As you know, black was used for this casting's second release, while blue was used for the third release that was apart of this year's Exotics five-pack. And since I have both of those releases, I figured it wasn't necessary to get stressed out trying to find the Exotic Envy release.



I was actually quite surprised when I saw multiples of it hanging on the pegs. I know older assortments sometimes show back up at a later date, but I wasn't expecting to see this one again. So even though I no longer cared for it, I wasn't going to just leave it behind.


Although this is an outstanding release, I do hope to eventually see one that's not finished in black or blue. I know that's a little hypocritical, since blue is my all-time favorite color after all. But I feel it'd be nice to see a different color used for this casting. I just hope it doesn't end up being like the Matchbox Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA. In case you didn't know, most of that casting's releases were either red or white. If that ends up being the case for this Hot Wheels Bugatti, then this Exotic Envy release is probably going to be the last one I get. Alright, let's move on to the star of case N.



I'm sure many of you will consider the Super Treasure Hunt to be the star of this case, but for me, that release is the '94 Bugatti EB110 SS. I can honestly say that I'm delighted to see another Hot Wheels version of an older Bugatti. Initially, the only two older Bugattis we had from Hot Wheels, were the '37 Bugatti and the Veyron. So after we got the Chiron from Hot Wheels, and the Divo from Matchbox, I really though we were only going to see Bugatti's newer vehicles. But I should have known that wasn't going to be the case, since we've gotten a few new classic Mercedes-Benz castings. I'm sure many of you just facepalmed, but you never know what Mattel will or won't be allowed to make.  


Unlike the Chiron, I have no issue with blue being used for this first release. And I especially like how it looks like an exact match to the blue that was used for the real car. 

Now, even though I like it, it's definitely not the only good color for this car. In my opinion, there's a plethora of colors they could choose to use for the next release. In fact, they really don't have to stick to the ones that were used for the real car. Although... I will admit that I hope to see one that's finished in yellow, which appears to have been one of the colors that was available for the real car. Alright, that's enough about it's color. Now I want to share my thoughts on the casting itself, as well as one of the other design choices made for it.


I'm very pleased with the overall design of this casting, and I feel it has nice proportions. I also really like how the headlights are apart of the window piece. I do kind of wish they'd designed it with side rear view mirrors though. But since most castings don't have them, it's not that big of a deal. At the end of the day, this is an outstanding model. 

The only thing I'm going to complain about, are the wheels, which are also not that big of deal. As you can see, the designers chose to use the 10-spoke wheels for this release. These wheels are okay, but they have a few too many spokes. I know they don't use them anymore, but I really wish they'd continue to use their 7-spoke wheels. In case you didn't know, the real car had 7-spoke wheels, so I feel those would have made this a flawless 1:64 scale replica. 


Well, those are the two releases that made me have a Bugatti kind of day. The last thing I want to say, is that I hope we get even more of Bugatti's older vehicles now that they have the legal okay to make them again. Personally, I'd love to see Matchbox do the Type 55 Roadster and the Type 101. And I think we'd all love to see the Bolide from Hot Wheels. So let's all keep our fingers crossed!

So how do you feel about these two models? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment