Thursday, November 11, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: More Releases from This Year's Hot Wheels Boulevard Series

Hello, and welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. I can't believe how fortunate I've been with this year's Hot Wheels Boulevard series. I was able to find some on the pegs last year, but it wasn't as many as I've been able to find this year. And as you can see from the title, I once again was able to chance upon some more. As usual though, I wasn't able to find the entire assortment, and to be honest, that's totally fine. Ultimately, I was able to get the main one I wanted. So with that said, let's go over what I found.

I didn't check that many stores, but I did decide to go to one of my local Walmarts, and that's when I spotted some remnants hanging on the premium pegs. Overall, the pegs were actually pretty bare, but I decided to look anyway. That's when I noticed it was remnants of the latest Boulevard assortment, and the '66 Pontiac GTO, which is the one I wanted the most, was the one on the pegs. In fact, there were many multiples of it. After grabbing one, I spotted one of the other releases sitting underneath the pegs. Now, I'll get to which one that was in a minute, because I want to focus on the GTO first.


It's not like I don't have some of the other GTO castings from Hot Wheels, but I was disappointed when I saw that the next release of this one was going to be in the Boulevard series. As you know, this casting made its debut in this series, and it was a release I never found. So that's why I almost jumped for joy when I saw how many were left behind.  

Now I'm not going to say that the first release looks bad, because it doesn't. GTOs with two-tone paint schemes look awesome. But you know me, I love having plain releases, and despite having a thin pinstripe, this is that plain release. Besides being plain, I also love how they chose to use this particular blue for it's exterior. As I've said in an older post, I feel this blue is perfect for classics. Alright, let's get to the next one I found.



It seems like we're moving into a time period where we're getting more modernized classic muscle car castings. And I don't know about you, but I think it's cool to see these old cars with the latest performance parts. So that brings me to the Custom '70 Chevy Nova, which is the release I spotted underneath the pegs. I was honestly left speechless when I first saw pictures of this beast, and I was surprised to see that it was one of the ones that got left.


I know there's a lot of folks out there who'll prefer the stock look of these old cars, but all of these exterior modifications have turned this Nova into one stunning ride. The exterior isn't the only thing I like about this casting though. I also happen to like how they designed the interior. To be more specific, I like how they designed it in a way so the roll cage can be a different color. 


I honestly have nothing bad to say about this casting, and it'll be interesting to see what they choose to do with it going forward. Since this debut release is plain, I'd love to see what type of design they'd create for a vehicle like this. Regardless of what they chose to do, this is a casting that'll always be one I try to get. 


After getting those two, I decided to go to one more Walmart, and it was basically the same story. Multiple GTOs on the pegs, and then one remnant of a different one. However, this time it was the Volkswagen "Classic Bug." I actually almost didn't get it, and it's thanks to the design choice made for its exterior, but I figured I'd just get it anyway so I didn't have an regrets later on. 


As you can see, this release is basically a premium recolor of the one that was released in the Cruise Boulevard Car Culture assortment. I feel they could have just made it one color instead. In my opinion, they picked a really nice shade of purple. So I would have preferred for its exterior to be one color instead. 


To be fair, this is still an okay looking release, and if you couldn't get the two-tone Car Culture release, then this is a great alternative. So it should definitely be on your want list.



Well, that's everything I was able to get. It's not all five, but finding any Boulevard release is a win in my book. And since I found three, I'd say this was a successful diecast hunt. As for the other two, I'll keep an eye out, but trying to find them might be a bit tricky, since they appear to be the main ones folks want. As usual, I'll share my thoughts on them if I'm able to find them. 

So have you been able to add any of these to your collection? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Okay, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment