Sunday, November 14, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case M And Case N - That Took A While

Hi everyone, welcome to today's edition of My Want List. Earlier this month, I was able to make a My Want List post about the releases I got from this year's Hot Wheels case N. And in case you forgot, I was only able to get a few of them. So the hunt continued for the last few I needed. I also still needed to find two more releases from case M. I knew I'd eventually find them, but I had no idea that it'd take me this long before I was able to see them on the pegs. At the end of the day, the hunt is finally over, and that's all that matters to me. 

Since these are old news now, I'm sure you all know everything about each of the releases featured in this post, which is why I appreciate you taking the time to see what I have to say about them. Alright, now that I got that out of the way, let me get this long overdue post started. And since they're older than the ones from case N, I'm going to go ahead and talk about the two from case M first. 

Throughout the years, Hot Wheels has given us collectors many cool Lamborghini models to collect. One of them is the Huracan, and there were two different versions of it. Well, now there's a third version, and it's definitely a must-have. It's also a model I wanted to have on display, so thankfully there were enough of them left so I could get one to open. 


Many of you (myself included) wanted this release because of it's theme, which makes it a great addition to any Mad Mike collection. But that's not the only reason why I wanted it. In fact, the main reason why I wanted it is because it's a Lamborghini with a LB-Works body kit. I mean, how cool is that? I was shocked when I found out we were going to get a Lamborghini with a body kit you'd expect to see on a different kind of car. 

This kit truly takes the Huracan to the next level! The fender flares, as well as a ducktail spoiler, really help to make this casting stand out from the other Lamborghini castings. Looking at how awesome this casting is, makes me hope they'll be able to use the LB-Works name for many years to come. So far, we have two castings designed with their kits, and I'd love to see many more.


Before I get to the next car, I thought I'd point out one of the other neat things about this casting. Unlike the other Huracans from Hot Wheels, this one features a right-hand drive interior. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware, this is the first right-hand drive Lamborghini from Hot Wheels. Okay, let's move on to the next case M release.


It's no lie that there are still many Honda fans around the world. These cars definitely have a passionate cult following. And Hot Wheels has satisfied the need to have these cars in our diecast collections by giving us many different castings. Just this year, we've gotten the N600 and a revamped version of the Civic Si. And now, they've given us the hatchback version of the latter. That's right, the '99 Honda Civic Type R (EK9) has finally been made. This is undoubtedly the star of case M for a lot of collectors.


To be truthfully honest, I'm still not completely into the hatchback version of these cars. I couldn't tell you why, but I'm more into the coupe version, which is why I still like the one that was released earlier this year a little more. But that doesn't mean I won't happily add any of the hatchback releases to my want list.

So how do I feel about this release? Well, I think it's pretty good. Overall, they've given us a nice replica of the '99 Type R. And I love how they even gave it a red interior. The only problem I have is with the wheels. Basically, it's the same issue I have with the other releases that are replicas of cars with 7-spoke wheels. So there's really no need for me to say the same thing as I've said before. To be fair though, the 10-spoke wheels are an okay alternative. I just wish they'd use their 7-spoke wheel for releases like this.


Sometimes, the debut release of a casting will only have details on either the front of rear. This was something I didn't like about the debut release of the '96 Chevy Impala. I know it's not that big of a deal, since the are $1 mainlines after all. But a diecast model will always look better with front and rear details. So I'm glad they chose to add details to the back of this release.

I can't wait to see the next release of this Civic. Although I'd like to see one with a design, I do a hope they end up doing a few more plain releases first. I, for one, would love to see a yellow one with white wheels. But whatever they choose to do, it'll most likely be a release that's on my want list.  


Alright, now it's time for me to talk about the last releases I needed from this year's case N. These were actually found at a different store. It's funny how one store will get older releases, while one that's not too far away will get the newer ones. Anyway, all I needed were four more, and I'm glad I didn't have to go to too many stores just to get them. 

Hot Wheels has been on a roll with giving us Toyota models, and I'm sure everyone who loves anything JDM is happy. And now fans of Toyota have another new model to drool over. Making it's debut is the Toyota Land Cruiser 80. 


I'm not only into vehicles from Japan, but I will admit that this is a very cool casting, and it's great how it's another casting designed with side-view mirrors. I also like the exterior color they picked for this first release. 

Custom licensed SUV castings aren't something you see everyday hanging on the Hot Wheels pegs. So I definitely had to get an extra one to have on display with my other Toyota models. I have to say, it really looks good sitting next to the recolor of the Falken themed AE86. 


Now then, even though I'm pleased with the design choices made for this first release, I'm curious to see what they'll do for the next one. I don't know about you, but I'd love to see one with the TRD stripes. No matter what they choose to do, I'm sure it'll be loved by many in the diecast community.


You can always count on Hot Wheels to give collectors something that you'd would normally see when you go down the diecast row. And the best example of this is seen with their Porsche 914 Safari casting, which is the next release I checked off of my want list. Whenever I go down the row, I usually don't see off-road racing Porsches from the other diecast brands. So that's why Hot Wheels is so appealing. Alright, let me get to how I feel about this year's release.

I actually like this release a little more than the debut release. I know the first one featured a design that's based on an actual 914, but this release's design features decals, which is something I like to see. Now it's only two, and they aren't real companies, but as I've said in a few older post, the designers do a good job at making realistic looking decals. 


Like the first release, this too features a decorated top half. Now, instead of painting the fuel tanks, they decided to apply the stripe to the hood. I do kind of wish one of the fuel tanks was painted though. Had they done that, this release would have looked even better, but I'm not going to complain. After all, I'm happy with the decorated hood. 


The last two releases I needed from this case are recolors. The first one is the Mercedes-Benz 500 E, and there really isn't much to say about it other than it's just as good as the first one. And I guess I like it a little more, since I ended up getting an extra one to open. Although I think they look superb finished in black, I feel silver is another color that's perfect for any Mercedes-Benz.





The second one is the '70 Toyota Celica, and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it as much as the one released earlier this year. But to be honest, I like it just as much. 


The first pictures I saw of this release didn't do it justice, and my pictures don't either. Initially, I thought this release was finished in gloss turquoise, which would have been fine. But that wasn't the case. For this release, the design team chose to use a turquoise that changes to blue when a light is shined on it. I have to say, I definitely like this paint!


I also like their choice to give this release black lace wheels. In my opinion, this wheel color combines nicely with the other colors used for this release. All in all, this is a ten out of ten release.


Well, that's another section of my 2021 want list completed. Overall, case M and N were outstanding, which is to be expected of these later cases. Now it's on to looking for the rest of this year's mainlines. Up next is case P, which from what I've seen, has some great looking releases as well. So hopefully I don't have too hard of a time trying to find them. 

So what was your favorite release from case M and N? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment