Friday, November 5, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case N

Hello, and welcome to a new edition of My Want List. Well this year's Hot Wheels mainline is almost over. I have to say, I'm very pleased with the most of the releases we got this year. And from what I've seen, the last few cases are going to have some stellar releases too. In fact, there are a few I'd like to get extras of to have on display. Anyway, that's neither here nor there, because today's post is all about what I was able to get from case N.

Sadly, it was one of those times where all of the stores in my area had the same remnants, which means there were specific releases I couldn't find. To be honest though, I knew I'd have to search extra hard for them, so I'm not disappointed. I'm just glad I was able to find the releases featured in today's post. After all, something is always better than nothing. Alright, let's go over what I got.

This year's case N Super Treasure Hunt is the '49 Ford F1. Obviously, I wasn't able to find that version, but that's a-okay. In case you didn't know, I never usually make special releases a priority. Anyway, I feel the regular version is just as good, which is why I was extremely happy to find it.  


I'm sure a lot of you might still prefer the Super over this one, and I can totally understand why. I mean, Spectraflame colors are cool, but that's not something I really care about. What I'm more concerned with, is the overall design. Usually, Hot Wheels decides to make the top of Super Treasure Hunt versions have additional designs. However, there are some regular versions that also have the aforementioned, and that's what I like about this one.

This release has another thing going for it, and it's the wheels. Sure, I'll admit that this truck looks nice with the Real Riders given to the Super, but I also think it looks just as nice with white wall tires. And unlike this regular version, the Super has all black tires. In my opinion, white wall tires complement the theme of this release. So they are another reason why I feel this version is as good as the Super Treasure Hunt version. 


It always seems like Hot Wheels decides to release a '52 Chevy whenever they release a '49 F1, and I have absolutely no complaints about that. After all, both of them are very beautiful classics. So with that being said, the '52 Chevy is the next release checked off of my want list. This year's release is apart of the HW Flames mainline series, and it's not the typical clean looking ride.

Once again, the designers chose to give this casting a worn down look. So besides the matte finish, it also features rust details. It's not everyday you see a release with a flame design combined rust details hanging on the pegs. So this was definitely a release I had to have. In my opinion, the combination looks great.


The wheel color is the only thing I would have done differently. Personally, I would have made the wheels all black. Now, I'm not saying they ruined the look of this release, so don't get me wrong. I just think all black wheels would have complemented it's worn down look.


Case N also has a car that I've wanted for a very long time, and it's the '67 Oldsmobile 442 that's apart of this year's Muscle Mania mainline series. Sadly, this is another one of their castings that's not used too often. In fact, this is the second time it's been in the mainline. That's why I had it on my list of things to get off of Ebay. 

I'm sure many of you are going to love this one, since it features a Gulf Racing theme. Now, I will admit that it's not quite the release I would have liked to see. Personally, I would have preferred to see a plain release, or one with a simple stripe design. But at the end of the day, I'm just glad to finally have one of these in my collection, so I don't mind the racing theme. I just hope it'll get more mainline releases going forward. 



The recolor of the Ducati Scrambler Hot Wheels Edition is the next release I pulled from the pegs. In an older post, I made mention of how I like when Hot Wheels decides to make a recolor more than just a recolor. In other words, I like when a recolor has a completely different design. There's been a few times where this was done, and this is another one of those times. I don't know how you feel, but I feel this is how recolors should be. Doing things this way makes it so we don't have to wait for the following year to see one with a different design.


The first release is still fantastic since it features a Mooneyes theme, but I was curious to see what the future had in store for this casting. And I'm happy with the design choice made for this one. In fact, I kind of like this second one a little more. Certain vehicles look really good with the shark mouth design, and I feel this is one of those vehicles. Okay, let's move on to the next release.

Earlier this year, Hot Wheels gave us the very cool Nissan R390 GT1, and now it has made a return in this case as a recolor. Now, to be honest, I still like the initial release more. Basically, I feel the first release will always be the best one, since it's finished in blue like the real car. But that doesn't mean I won't like any of the later releases. After all, this car will look great no matter what color they choose to paint it.


I have to say, this is a really nice red, and in my eyes, the color looks somewhat like Scarlet Red, which is one of Nissan's colors. I know it's not an exact match, but I think it looks close enough to their color. I'm not sure if the designers were trying to base it on that color, so don't quote me on that. What I do know is that this color made this a nice release to have. So I'm glad no one wanted it when case N came in.


Soaring high above Diecast BLVD, are the X-Men in their X-Jet. There are some people that can instantly tell you everything there is to know about all of the characters and the various vehicles from every comic book story. Yeah... I'm not one of them, however, I am someone that will tell you if I feel a model is nice or not. And I feel this is a very nice $1 model.

I do know a few things about the X-Men series, but like I said, I'm not someone who can tell you everything there is to know. As such, I had to do some homework, which basically means I had to do a Google search. So from what I can gather, this release is based on the one that's seen in the '90s cartoon.  


I was also able to find the Treasure hunt from this case, and it's most likely due to the fact that it's the Justice League Batmobile. In my area, Treasure hunt castings like this are usually not extremely hard to find. Of course, I could have just gotten lucky. No matter the reason, I'm just glad I was able to find it, because I actually like what they did to it.


Besides the color scheme, I really like the design that was applied to the top of it. Similar to the other Batmobiles released this year, this too was given a pinstripe design.


Well, that's everything I was able to find. I'm still on the hunt for the star of this case, as well as a few other releases. I also still need to find two more releases from case M. At the end of the day, I'm just glad I was finally able to find something new on the pegs.

So what was your favorite release from this case? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment