Friday, November 19, 2021

2021 Diecast Hunt - A Pleasant Hot Wheels Surprise!

Hi everyone, welcome to today's additional feature. As you all know, diecast hunting can be a very daunting task. And like me, I'm sure most of you have gone through many tanks of gas searching for various releases. Ultimately, the amount spent on gas can sometimes be worth it when you chance upon a release you weren't expecting to find. And that's exactly what happen to me during a diecast hunt.

That day, I decided to go ahead and make a trip to Walmart. In case you missed the Boulevard post I published earlier this month, you should know that I was able to find three of the releases from the latest Boulevard assortment. So I was still on the hunt for the other two, which is why I made Walmart my destination. 

Once down the row, I noticed that the pegs once again had many multiples of the '66 GTO. Yeah... I don't know why that release wasn't liked. In my opinion, it's an great model. Anyway, it ended up being exactly like the last time where there was one other remnant of a different release. And this time, it was the Plymouth Superbird.


This casting had a few different color releases when it made it's debut, and I have one of them thanks to some late night shopping on Ebay a few years ago. But to be honest, it wasn't the only one I wanted. One of the debut colors was yellow, and it was the other one I wanted to get. Back then, the one I got was a lot cheaper, which is why I didn't get the yellow one. To be honest though, I'm actually glad things went the way they did, since Hot Wheels ended up releasing this one. So I now have two different nice releases of this casting that aren't decorated with a custom design.


I don't have to say it, but this release features some some excellent tampo details. I especially like how they added the Superbird logo to the side of the wing. The logo was also accurately placed on the driver side headlight. Thanks to these details, this release will always be one of favorites.



 After I found the Plymouth, I decided to try my luck at one of the other Walmarts in my area. Unfortunately, the row was basically the same, except there were no additional remnants. It was only GTOs on the pegs. 

I came to the conclusion that all of the Walmarts were probably the same, so I made the decision to make target my next stop before ending the day's hunt. So I stopped at the nearest Target, and that's when I was able to find another surprise. This time it's from the Hot Wheels mainline, and it's the id chase car from this year's case N. 


Being a special release might have been the main reason why I got it, but it's not the only reason. Believe it or not, I actually like the design that was created for it. I usually don't care too much for rescue themed releases, but this one is not bad at all. In fact, I'm starting to consider adding the regular version to my want list.  


Alright, that's everything I was able to find. It wasn't a huge haul, but it was definitely a successful diecast hunt. Now I just need to try and find the DMC. I'm not sure if I'll ever see it, but I'll keep an eye out for it whenever I go to Walmart.

So what are your thoughts on these releases? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Okay, that's all for this additional feature. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment