Monday, October 25, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: Hot Wheels Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Forza Edition

Hi everyone, welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. Last month a new Hot Wheels Entertainment assortment started to show up in my area. And as usual, it took some time to find the best releases from it. Remember the replica of the wooden Pizza Planet Truck I talked about earlier this month? Well, that was one of the two I wanted from it. The Porsche 911 GT3 RS was the other one I wanted, and it's the topic for today's post.

I know for a fact that everyone likes when Mattel acquires the license to use themes from various franchises. These partnerships are always a win-win for everyone, and that's especially true for us diecast collectors who like to see various franchises featured on these little cars. And it's no lie that themes from racing games help to create some of the coolest looking releases.

Among today's various racing game franchises, Forza is one of the most popular ones, and over the years Hot Wheels has given us some nicely decorated Forza themed releases. Now sadly, I haven't played any of the games, and it's due to the fact that I don't play video games like I used to. But I have seen many gameplay videos over on Youtube. So I'm well aware of the franchise, which is why I like when Hot Wheels decides to give us Forza themed releases.


Although it's nice to have another model with it, the Forza theme isn't the only reason why someone would add this to their want list. I'm sure many of you wanted it simply because it's a Porsche, and that's a very valid reason. After all, this manufacturer makes very beautiful cars, which is one of the reasons why they have many fans around the world. Anyway, being a Forza themed Porsche is not the only reason why I added it to my want list.

Back in 2017, Hot Wheels released one of these finished in a color that appears to be based on Porsche's Birch green. That was a release I chose not to get it, and it ended up being a decision I regretted. Back then, I didn't really like green colored cars that much. It actually hasn't been that long since I've expanded what vehicle colors I like. Nowadays, I like most shades of green. So like the Lamborghini Huracan, I really wanted one of these finished in green.  


I'm very satisfied with the shade of green that was picked for this release. From what I can gather, this release's color appears to be based on Porsche's Lizard green, which I feel is just as good as Birch green.

Besides the color and theme, I also love the details applied to this release. I especially like how they decided to add details to the vents. This is truly a perfect example of an outstanding premium model, and I think it's now my second favorite release of this casting.


The back of this release features a white rectangle with "Porsche" in it, and it's the only detail I'm going to complain about. In my opinion, they missed the opportunity to create a cool vanity plate. Obviously, Forza was the main focus, but this is the first premium release of this casting after all. So I feel they could have went all-out by giving this release an actual license plate. At the end of the day though, that's just me, and I'm sure most of the diecast community won't care. 


It's also great how this release features the "GT3 RS" stripe like the one I didn't get. I know the stripe was used again on the Factory 500 H.P. release, but I was never truly satisfied since it wasn't green. All in all, I'm very happy to finally have a nice green release of this Porsche, and I do like how simple the Forza theme is. 

So, how do you feel about this release? Go ahead and let me and everyone else know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment