Monday, October 11, 2021

My Want List: The Last Of This Year's Matchbox Mix 6 - Second Favorite

Hi everyone! Welcome to a new edition of My Want List. Last month, I was able to easily find most of what I wanted from this year's mix six. And that was before I found anything from mix five. Anyway, I still needed to find two more releases, so the hunt continued. After many failed diecast hunts, I was finally able to acquire the last two mix six releases I wanted. So with that said, let's get this post started by going over the release that instantly became my second favorite from this mix first.

As you know, Hot Wheels created a five-window '32 Ford casting for their Red Line Club members. To be honest, I was really disappointed to see that a new Hot Wheels hot rod was only going to be available to select collectors. I love Hot Wheels, but I don't like all of their decisions. I know the Red Line Club is now open to everyone, but I've heard some horror stories about trying to get those releases. So I've made the decision to not get mixed up in any of that.

Once again, it's Matchbox to the rescue! Thanks to them, I now have a five-window 1932 Ford in my collection.  


Now, some of you might sill prefer the one from Hot Wheels due to it having an exposed engine, but I happen to like this one a little more. Since both of the current Hot Wheels '32 Ford castings feature an exposed engine, I feel it was a great idea for Matchbox to go in a different direction for their casting.

I want to now focus on what was done to the exterior. For the debut release of their '33 Ford, Matchbox chose to give it a used look. They also did that with the 2020 mainline release that I have. Anyway, I really like how they did things differently for this casting's debut release. As you might know, flames are a design I like to see on hot rods, and this one's design is pretty cool. It's also cool how they combined it with a pinstripe.  


At the end of the day, I feel this casting is definitely a great alternative to the Red Line Club one. And that's especially true for those of you that don't want to get involved with the Red Line Club issues like I don't. Alright, that's enough drooling over this casting. I need to move on to the other one, which is a nice release too.


The last one I wanted from mix six, is the new 2020 Land Rover Defender 90. With how many Land Rover releases we've gotten from both brands, it was only a matter of time before we got this one. 


One of this vehicles noteworthy features, is it's "floating pillar." I'll be honest, this feature made me raise an eyebrow when I first saw it. It's not everyday you see a vehicle with a wide colored square on it's windows. After a while though, I started to not have a problem with it. I, for one, like seeing the various vehicle design styles from around the world. And whether you like this feature or not, it is apart of it's design. So I'm glad Matchbox decided to incorporate it into the overall design of their casting. 


Although I'm pleased with this Matchbox casting, I am curious to know if Hot Wheels is going to make their own version of it. If they did, I'm sure it would have a lifted appearance, and that's totally fine. But they could also do things differently by making the 110, which is the four-door version. In fact, I'd prefer for them to do that instead.  


Okay, that's the last two releases I needed from this year's mix six. This mix had so many great models, and I really love the vintage cars. I hope they keep making them, because it's really nice to have more classic American cars. The last thing I want to say, is that you can expect to see the 1932 Ford featured in this month's edition of Best On The Block. I guess that's kind of a spoiler, but it should have been obvious.

So, how do you feel about these two releases? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Okay, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Until the next post, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment