Monday, October 18, 2021

2021 Hot Wheels Premium - Unique Collector Pieces

Hi everyone, welcome to another additional feature here on the boulevard. For the most part, I like to collect the realistic looking diecast releases. But being a collector doesn't mean I'll just stick to those. It also means I'll purchase a release that I feel is unique. And the releases in the Screen Time mainline series, are a perfect example of the ones I'll get. But those aren't the only unique releases from Hot Wheels. There are times where a unique release will be a premium only casting like the two being featured in today's post.

Sometimes I'll consider a release to be unique because of the model itself, while other times I'll consider it to be unique because of a specific design choice made for it. There's also the times where the release is unique because of the model itself, as well as what was done to it. And that's the case with the first release I'm going over today.

Hot Wheels has once again release the Pizza Planet Truck in their Entertainment series. And what's great, is that it's the wooden model that's seen in the movie Brave. I haven't seen the movie, nor do I have plans to, but I definitely knew about this Easter egg. And I think it's awesome how we're able to have a 1:64 scale replica of it. The Pizza Planet Truck was already a unique Hot Wheels model, but this version is way more unique than the other release. 


Whether you like the movie or not, there's no denying the fact that this is a must-have model for collectors and fans of the movie alike. They definitely did a marvelous job re-creating the wooden replica. The wood details are top-notch, and I like how they were applied to ever inch of this release. 



When I said every inch of this model, I meant it! When I first saw pictures of this release, I had no idea that they also decided to apply the wood details to it's base. They didn't have to, but I'm very glad they did, because this makes it so it has a wooden appearance no matter what angle it's looked at. This attention to detail makes me appreciate Hot Wheels more than I already did. 


The last release for this post, comes from the recent Marvel Pop Culture assortment. I actually found the entire set on the pegs, and to be honest, I really though about getting all five of the releases. But I ultimately decided to just get the Volkswagen T1 Drag Bus. I don't always buy anything from the Pop Culture series, but this release is an example of a model that's unique due to a specific design choice made for it. 


I think you already know what I like about this one. Yes, that's right. I got this release because of what was done to the front wheel. I really like how they made it look like Captain America's shield. I'm sure many in the diecast community got this release because it's a Volkswagen Drag Bus, but I just thought it looked awesome with that decorated front wheel. 

At the end of the day, purchasing a unique collector piece is always exciting, because it's something different from the norm. And these two releases are definitely different from the typical ones you'll see featured in a My Want List post.

Okay, I'm going to assume that everyone loves these two a whole lot. So I'm not going to ask how you feel about them. With that being said, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment