Saturday, September 18, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: More 2021 Hot Wheels Premiums Acquired

Hi everyone, welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. Last month, I wrote a post where I talked about how I was able to acquire some premium releases I had been looking for. Well, the same thing happened this month. By remaining persistent, I was once again able to find releases from two different premium assortments. Like the premiums I talked about in last month's post, the ones I was able to find this month, are from Boulevard and Car Culture. 

All I can say, is that I was in the right places at the right time. It all started when I decided to check one of my local Walmart stores. When I arrived at the diecast row, they had remnants of the recent Boulevard assortment that featured the Lacia I talked about last month. This location, is where I was able to acquire the '87 Buick Regal GNX, as well as the new Corvette Z06 Drag Racer. 


The Buick is nice, and I love what was done to it's exterior, however, I was most excited to find the Corvette. A lot of collectors might have gotten excited because they are fans of Alex Laughlin, and are happy to have another release that's based on one of his drag cars. In case you didn't know, the other Laughlin themed release, is the Pro Stock Camaro that was apart of last year's HW Race Team mainline series. Anyway, my excitement comes from the fact that it's a new drag car casting. 


I hope this casting doesn't become a one and done like the Nissan Concept 2020 Vision GT. It's such a great looking model, and it'd be a shame if they didn't make many with custom liveries featuring real companies. For example, they could do a Jegs or Hooker Headers themed release. 


Now, since there was a lot of the Buicks and Corvettes on the pegs, I decided to continue my search by checking a few more locations. So at the next location, I came across multiple full pegs of this assortment. And that's how I was able to score the Porsche 964. I love the unique mix of colors that were picked for this release's exterior. 



The Custom '67 Pontiac Firebird is the only one from this assortment I don't have. Yes, there were plenty of them on the pegs, but I chose not to get it. If you read my British Horse Power Car Culture post, then you already know why I made that decision. But for those of you that didn't, then I'll tell you. Basically, I really don't like spending $5 on a release that's a slightly better version of one that I have. And that's what this release of the Firebird is. I know it has some additional details, but I really don't have an issue with the mainline release. 

Since I had some luck at Walmart, I decided to check some of the Targets in my area. That's when I was finally able to find the last release I wanted from the Exotic Envy Car Culture assortment. All of the Bugattis were once again hoarded, but the Lamborghini Huracan finally made it to the pegs. 

It's not like I didn't already have a few releases of this casting in my collection. In fact, I even have the yellow debut release. So it wouldn't have been a big deal if I still couldn't find it. As I said in the post I made mention of, I only wanted this release due to the fact that it's finished in green. So now, I no longer have to try and get the recolor of the debut release off of the secondary market. 

As for the Bugatti, if I find it, I will make a post about it like I always do for releases I'm able to find. However, I not going out of my way to look for it. I'm still waiting for one that's finished in a different color. I know this Car Culture release features a two-tone paint scheme, but the colors used are blue and black. Although they aren't the same, these two colors have already been used for this casting.

All in all, this was a very successful diecast hunt, and I'm glad I was able to get more releases from the near impossible to find Boulevard.

Okay, so how have things gone for you lately? Were you able to check some more premiums off of your want list as well? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment