Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: 2021 Hot Wheels Batman Set

Hi everyone, welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. I don't necessarily dislike store exclusive sets. After all, if found, they provide our collections with amazing releases. I just don't make fining them a priority. Anyway, Hot Wheels has once again released a Batman themed Walmart set, and It has some nice looking editions of the Batmobiles that were picked. I truly love these Batman sets.

The only bad thing about these sets, is that there is always one car that is hoarded. This time, it's the TV series Batmobile, and I'm not the slightest bit surprised. I did check multiple Walmart locations, and they had this set on the pegs like the first store I went to. But the TV Series Batmobile was the only one that was bought. It's not like they're going to stop making Batmobiles anytime soon, and there'll obviously be many more releases of it. So even though  it would have nice to get it, I'm completely happy with the four I got. Okay, let's move on to the ones that were left.

Pinstripes seem to be the theme that was picked for this year's Batman releases. The mainline Batman series features two models with the theme, and it's what they chose for the Batmobiles in this set. Personally, I think these vehicles look great with pinstripes.



Although I like all four of the releases in this set, there are two that I like the most, and the Animated Series Batmobile is one of them. Besides being finished in a nice metallic red, it somewhat matches the case M release of the Batplane. These two releases look great sitting next to each other, if I do say so myself.


Although I'm not surprised about the TV Seires Batmobile, I am surprised at how the 1989 Batmobile was one of the releases that was left. Maybe it has to do with the color of the pinstripes, or maybe it just got overshadowed by the other one. Of course, the reasons for it being left are of no concern to me. I think it's an okay looking release, so I'm glad it was easy to get.



The Brave and The Bold Batmobile is the next one that was left. This release's wild color scheme is why it's my second favorite one from this set. I think it was a great idea to make this one stand out from the other releases that are finished in dark colors. In my opinion, it's as unique as the Mystery Machine themed release of it.



The Hot Wheels designed Batmobile was the fourth one that was left. This doesn't seem to be a very popular casting. Every time it's released, the collectors in my area leave it behind. For the most part, it ends up being a peg warmer that sits for a long time. I know it's not from any of the comics, but I feel Hot Wheels did a nice job designing their own Batmobile. Overall, it's body isn't too wild like some of their other original vehicle designs. So I don't see why it's not liked. 


It's worth noting that this is the only one from this set that's plain. I really don't have an issue with this decision, since they chose to make this release black. As you know, none of the other releases are black. I know there'll most likely be a mainline release that's black, but it could end up being the one with a design. So this set might be the only way to get a plain black release of this Batmobile. 


Although I have two that I like the most, I think all of them look fantastic. So I'd give this set a nine out of ten. As for the TV Series Batmobile, I'll keep an eye out for it, but I'm not going to make finding it a priority. If I find it, I'll probably feature it in White Booth Wednesday.  

Okay, so what are your thoughts on this set? Were you able to get all five? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment