Saturday, September 25, 2021

2021 Matchbox Mix 5 Want List - Now Complete

Hello everyone, welcome to today's post. As you know, I recently published a post where I showed more of the Matchbox mix five releases I got. Well, not too long after that post, I was able to find the rest of the ones I had on my want list. I don't know about your area, but around mine, fuel is $4. So I'm glad it didn't take too much to find these. With that said, let's go over the last of my mix five want list.

I don't always feel the need to add a police vehicles to my collection, however, there are times when I do. And Matchbox is the brand I look to, because they make good looking replicas of them. I personally like how their castings have a light bar that's apart of the window piece. Anyway, mix five had two police vehicles, and both of them made it to my want list.

The Ford Police Interceptor is the first of the two. Throughout the years, this casting has featured many different police liveries. There's even been two Fire Chief themed releases. An unmarked release was the only one that had yet to be made. So when I saw they decided to make one, I instantly added it to my want list. I mean... I think you already know how I feel about plain releases. So I really don't need to say anything else about this one. 




The 2016 Ford Interceptor Utility is the second one. This casting made it's debut back in 2019, and I chose to not get it due to the Fire Chief theme that was applied to it. It was then used again last year, and I still chose not to get it, which was a decision I would come to regret. After a while, I started to feel like I missed my chance to get one that features a realistic police livery. Fortunately, I would be given another chance this year. Based on the back of the card, this release is a replica of the units that are used by the San Luis Obispo Police. 



I really don't have that many police SUVs in my collection. And like I said, matchbox makes nice looking replicas of police vehicles. So it was definitely time to have at least one release of this police SUV. 


Up next, are a couple of castings that were given some neat designs. The '62 Mercedes-Benz 220 SE is the first one. I'll admit that it would have been nice to see a plain release of this casting, but I don't have an issue with their decision to release another racing themed one. Furthermore, this is the second release of this casting, so there's obviously going to be many more releases. Hopefully, we'll get to see a plain release of this four-door classic.  


I actually like all of the design choices that were made for this release, despite wanting a plain one. Besides being finished in my favorite color, it features a livery that's not bad at all. I also like the additional real-life sponsor decal. 



The second one with a neat design is the '19 Ford Mustang. I think it's cool how they decided to release a second one of these with a design. This could honestly be a step in the right direction. The plain releases are done in the beginning of the year, while the decorated releases are done towards the end.


Although I like this Brembo themed release, I do have an issue with the wheel choice. Some of you might disagree, but I feel the wheels used for this release are better suited for classic cars. I know they don't have that many basic wheels, but I feel it would have looked better with their five or split ten-spoke wheels. 

I also dislike how it doesn't have front or rear details. I know this is a mainline, but I feel it could have at least had the details that were applied to the rear of the other releases. 



Okay, that's all of the releases I had on my mix five want list. Although this mix had many great releases, my personal favorite is still the 1934 Chevy Master Coupe. For me, it all came down to the fact that it's a 1930s Chevy that isn't a hot rod like the various Ford castings.

So, what ended up being your favorite release from this mix? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Well, it's on to looking for the rest of mix six. Till then, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment