Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: More Five-Pack Additions To The Collection

Hello, and welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. I don't always pay attention to the five-packs from Mattel's diecast brands. This is because they don't usually have enough releases that I'd want. However,  that hasn't been the case as of late. Not too long ago, I published a post where I talked about two five-packs I got. One was from Hot Wheels, and the other was from Matchbox. Well... once again, I found two that I wanted. And this time, they are both from Matchbox. 

Blue Highways II and Autobahn Express, are the names of the two five-packs I got. The first thing that came to mind when I saw them, was YES! Even now I can't stop saying that when I think about them. That's how good I feel these five-packs are. With that said, I'm going to talk about the Blue Highways II pack first.

In case you didn't know, I really love the look of classic vehicles, and this five-pack definitely delivers. It features the 1963 Austin Healy Roadster, the 1957 Ford Thunderbird, the '16 Chevy Camaro Convertible, the 1956 Aston Martin DBR1, and the '56 Jaguar XK140 Roadster. Now, I'll admit that the Camaro is a little out of place, since it's not a classic like the other four. But, at the end of the day, I really don't have an issue with it being one of the models in this pack.



I really love all of the design choices made for these classics. The designers really nailed it with the colors picked. I especially like what was done to the Austin Healy and DBR1. That two-tone paint job looks fantastic, and I wasn't going to miss the chance to own a maroon colored DBR1. The other cars are just as good, it's just those are the two that stood out the most when I found this five-pack. Okay, I think you can clearly see how I feel about this first one, so let's move onto the Autobahn Express five-pack. 

Unlike the Blue Highways II five-pack, this one has more of a modern theme. Although... it's worth noting that it does feature two classic vehicles. They are the 1969 BMW 2002 and the Land Rover Ninety. The other three modern cars are the 2005 Ford GT, the Porsche Panamera, and the Aston Martin DBS Volante. Four of the models in this five-pack were finished in great colors, and the Land Rover features a theme. But I'll get to that in a minute.

Although I like all of the models in this five-pack, I specifically got it because of the Ford GT and Aston Martin DBS Volante. Both of these are castings I didn't have. So this five-pack made it so I didn't have to try and get these awesome castings off of Ebay. 


As you can see, the Land Rover has a Polizei theme, and I actually don't have an issue with this design choice. This is because it goes with another Polizei themed release that I have. I didn't make a post about it, but I did end up getting the 2020 Highway Speeders five-pack. And one of the models in it, is a Subaru Impreza with this exact theme.  

Combined, these two five-packs are a dream garage. I feel every collector should have added them to their want list. Of course, it all comes down to vehicle preference. For all I know, you don't like these any of these. So with that said, how do you feel about these five-packs? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Okay, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment