Sunday, August 1, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case K - Not Complete Part 2

Okay everyone, welcome to part two of my 2021 Hot Wheels case K want list. If you're one of the ones that read yesterday's post, then I appreciate you coming back to read this post. Like I said in part one, this second part will cover the rest of what I was able to find. Now, I'm sure you didn't come here to read a long intro, so let's get started.

Throughout the years, the Hot Wheels design team has created a wide variety of different fantasy cars. Many of these castings were designed with children in mind, which is fine since they're technically in the business of making toys for kids. But sometimes, the design team creates a fantasy car that's actually realistic looking. In fact, you'd almost think it had a real-life counterpart. These are the ones that usually make it to my want list. With that said, the newest addition to the list of cool original designs, is a casting that's called Muscle and Blown.  


I love the shape of this casting's body. One of the things that I like, is that it's a coupe with a long front and a short rear. My fondness for this style of car, mostly comes from my love of the Dodge Viper. However, that's not the only car that's like that. The Ferrari F12, as well as the Jaguar F-Type, are two additional examples of what I mean by a car with a long front and a short rear. 

Now I want to talk about the design that's featured on it. As you can see, this first release features the theme from the debut release of the Erikenstein Rod. To be honest, I really like how this car looks with the theme. Because of this, I'm really regretting my decision to not get the debut release of the aforementioned casting. Anyway, I can't wait to see the next release. One idea that comes to mind, is a Hooker headers themed Speed Graphics release. At the end of the day, I hope they make many nice releases of it going forward. 



Alright, speeding off of my want list next, is this year's HW Flames release of the Mod Rod. Yes! This casting just keeps getting better and better. Flames and scallops, are the two types of designs I love seeing on hot rods. So, even though I have no issue with the debut release, this and the second one, are now my favorite releases. Besides the flames, it was also finished in my favorite color. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better Mod Rod. 


Before I get to the next vehicle, I need to quickly point out how they decided to decorate the top of this release. There's not a whole lot of room on the top of this casting for a design. So I think it's fantastic how they added a stripe and flames to this section of it's body.


In my opinion, there are certain vehicles that are perfect for certain liveries. And that's exactly how I feel about the Hot Wheels Race Team livery being applied to a dirt bike. With that said, the next release checked off of my list, is the HW450F that's apart of this year's HW Race Team mainline set. This might not be the first one with a big Hot Wheels logo, but I feel it's one of the better ones because of the iconic Race Team colors.


Sometimes, I'll be a little hesitant about getting a certain release due to a specific design choice made for it. That's why I almost didn't get this year's release of the '67 Chevelle SS 396. The sides of it feature a decal that says "Ausley's Chevelle 40 years." Now, as I've said in a past post, I'm no expert. So I didn't know anything about Ausley's Chevelle. I basically decided to just get this release because it's finished in blue.  

Once again, it was time for me to learn something new, so to Google I went. I'm sure all of you hardcore Chevy guys/gals know about this company already. So you can go ahead and move on to the next release I got. Now, if you're like me, then you'll be learning something new too. Ausley's Chevelle, is a family owned business that's been around since 1980. According to their website, they specialize in parts for the '62-'74 Chevelle and El Camino. Now that I'm aware of this company and what they do, I can honestly say that I would have regretted not getting this release.  

(Here's their website

 


The Batmobile from the newest Batman movie is the last car I was able to get. I think you can guess what I thought when I first saw the trailer for the movie. If it's not obvious, then let me tell you. When I saw the new Batmobile, I thought it'd be nice if we got a replica of it from Hot Wheels. So I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was when I found out we were actually going to get one. 

For whatever reason, there were a bunch of these left behind in my local store. I find interesting how nice models like this aren't liked when the stock comes in. Of course, that's a good thing for me, because it makes it easier to get. And it also makes it so I can get an extra one to open, which is exactly what I did.  


If you were to ask me how I felt about this Batmobile, I'd tell you that I really like it. What I like, is how it looks like Bruce took an ordinary car, and customized it into something to help him get to the scene quick. For a while now, Batman's car has basically been a tank with a lot of armor, and crime fighting gadgets. The Arkham Knight Batmobile is a perfect example of this. So it's nice to see more of a simple looking car. Now, I'm not exactly sure what car they used as an inspiration, and I don't want to speculate. So I'll leave the guessing to you all. 


The releases I'm missing should be obvious now that you've seen the rest of what I got. If I do ever complete my 2021 case K want list, I'll be sure to make a post. Okay, that's all for this multi-part edition of My Want List. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment