Thursday, August 12, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: 2021 Hot Wheels Case L Target Red Editions

Hello everyone, welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. To this day, store exclusive colors are not a priority for me. Of course, this doesn't mean I'll leave them behind if I find them. After all, I'm a passionate collector too, so I don't mind having special releases. I just prefer to avoid the added stress of specifically looking for them. That's why I get super excited when I'm able to find them after many trips to the store. 

Once again, I was  able to experience that excitement when I stumbled upon this year's case L Target Red Edition releases. In fact, I was able to find all three. To be honest though, I really only like two of them. So I'm going to share my opinion of the two the I like first, then I'll get to the the one I don't really care for.    

The '19 Corvette ZR1 Convertible, is the first of the two that I like. This casting was only released last year, and it's already had some pretty good releases. And now, a Target Red Edition has been added to that list. What I like about this one, is that it's a Red Edition that's actually red, and it's a very nice shade for this car. This year's first color was white, and despite being an okay color for a ZR1, I can honestly say that I like this one a little more. 

The wheels are still black PR5s with a red rim, but that's fine by me, since they match this release's exterior. The other reason why I don't have an issue with them being used again, is because they are split five-spoke wheels just like the real ZR1's wheels.


It's no lie that recolors are even better when the color of the design is also changed. This is especially true for store exclusive colors. Now, for this release, the decision was made to keep the stripes black. Although I like when they change the color of the design, I can honestly say that I'm glad they didn't for this release. The ZR1's various exterior features like it's front splitter, are one of the reasons why I like how it looks with black stripes. I only wish they were able to give the wing a black tampo coating. That would have completed the look. Besides that, I just really like the look of black stripes over this shade of red.

Since this is a Red Edition, it features the RE5 decal, which is an additional feature that I like about this year's Target colors. So for this release, they chose to place it behind the passenger seat instead of along it's sides. Although I would have placed it on its sides, I have no issue with where they decided to put it.


Next up, is the mighty '19 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss LT. Like the Corvette, this too is another Red Edition that's actually red. And what I like, is how they decided to once again use a matte finish, which is something I liked about the green one. Now, as you know, this year's release was given a cool camouflage design, and I feel it looks just as good on this release. And no, I'm not just saying that because it's an exclusive color. I honestly like how it looks. Usually, green or tan is my preferred color for a vehicle with a camouflage design, but I'm starting to like red camouflage designs as much as those. There's just something about it that's making me like it more and more.

Besides having a cool camouflage design, this year's release also features a stripe that has decals placed within it. This is where they placed the RE5 decal. I'm actually quite glad there was enough room within the stripe for the decal. I guess if they wanted to, they could have made it white like the number box, and placed it over the camouflage pattern. But I think the section of the stripe underneath the number box was the best place for it.


The wheel choice is the only thing I don't completely like. Back in 2016, Hot Wheels released a Ford Fiesta in the Snow Stormers mainline set. The initial release had white tires, while the Zamac release had black tires. I really wish they would have done the same for this release. In my opinion, this Red Edition would have looked even better with black tires. 


Okay, the last of the three Red Edition releases from this case, is the Carbonator. You might be asking why I got it if I don't really like it. Well, instead of just saying I didn't care for it, I figured why not talk about all three of this case's exclusives colors in a post. Although I have a few of it's New Years themed releases, I was never really a fan of this casting.  


To be fair, this isn't exactly a terrible looking release of this casting, and I'm sure many of you excited to see a Target exclusive release of it. I'll admit that I do kind of like the design along it's sides. I'm sure they were trying to make it look like the vehicle is traveling at a high rate of speed. And if they weren't, I'd still say they achieved that look. But I'm pretty sure that's what they were trying to do by making it look like the bottle's contents are flowing towards the back of it.


Well, that's all three of the Target exclusive colors from case L. I know there's a possibility of a future ZR1 releases that's red, but I'm sure it's not going to feature stripes like this one. Additionally, I highly doubt there's going to be another Trail Boss LT that's finished in this shade of matte red. So I'm glad I was able to find these.

So, what are your thoughts on these three? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's going to do it for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment