Saturday, August 14, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case L - Part 3

Okay, welcome to the third and final part of my 2021 Hot Wheels case L review. Before I begin, I just wanted to say that I appreciate all of you who checked out parts one and two. Now, there's really no need to do an intro for this part, so let's just get started.  

Last month, I published a My Want List post where I talked about a few more of the releases I wanted from this year's case J. If you read that post, then you already know that the HW Race Team Dodge D100 was one of the releases I got. You should also remember how I said that you're going to be seeing more of the Race Team releases being checked off of my want list. Well, that's exactly what you're about to see, because this case had two. 

The Dodge Charger Stock Car is the first of the two from this case. The real-life tire decal was one of the things that I liked about the D100, and that just so happens to be one of the things I like about this release. Instead of Goodyear, the designers chose to make Michelin the sponsor of this race car. I actually think it was a good idea to use a different tire manufacturer. Nascar and IMSA, are a great example of why I'd say that. One is supplied by Goodyear, while the other is supplied by Michelin. So you have to admit that it's realistic for this car to have a different tire sponsor than the off-road D100.


The second Race Team release from this case, is the Indy 500 Oval. I'll be honest, I used to not like castings like this. Basically, I never liked how these open-wheel castings had a driver. Until recently, I felt that as a model, they would have looked better with an empty seat. That's why I ended up not getting some very cool releases of it. Anyway, things are different now, which should be obvious since I've gotten every release of the Formula E Gen 2 Car, which is another casting with a driver.


I know I can't be the only one that likes how Mattel has the license to make Mario themed products. I, for one, enjoy being able to collect the charters I raced with in the various Mario Kart games I've played. So that brings me to the Standard Kart, which is the next release that got checked off of my want list. I was quite surprised to learn they were going to be making a mainline version of this Kart.

I think it's cool how we're able to have two different versions of this vehicle from Hot Wheels. And I really like seeing it without a character in the seat. I know this is most likely going to be the only one, but I think it would be fantastic if they also made mainline versions of the other ones.  


I'm actually curious as to what they have planned for this casting going forward. I know they probably won't, but I feel they should use some of the other character liveries for it. Sure, we have the other versions, but why not make the most of this casting by giving it different liveries too. 

Up next, is this year's Hot Trucks release of the '67 Chevy C10. The Hot Wheels designers have yet to make a release of this casting that I don't like, which is great because I don't have the initial releases of it. With that said, I love all of the design choices that were made for this one. If it was featured in a White Booth Wednesday, I'd give it a ten. Not only did they pick a wonderful shade of my favorite color for it's exterior, they also created a cool multi-colored stripe design. What's great about the design, is that it wasn't only applied to the sides.   


The decision was made to make a third color for this year's "Then and Now" release of the '17 Nissan GT-R (R35). And, it's the next release to be checked off of my want list. I was actually a little hesitant about getting this one, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I have the other two colors. As you all know, this casting made it's debut in 2017, and there ended up being two color releases. The first one was orange, while the second one was grey. Well, this third release was also finished in grey, so I really didn't feel the need to get it. But I decided to just get it so I wouldn't regret it later on.


After I got back home, I decided to pull out the grey one from 2017 so I could see them together. Doing so made me realize that getting this third color was the right decision. It's definitely not the same color as the second one from 2017. As you'll see in my picture, the older one is noticeably darker.  


The wheels are one of the design choices I like. I think it's great how this one features a different wheel that's one color. As you know, the yellow release was given black and red J5s, while the Kroger exclusive release was given black and red MC5s. Okay, let's move onto the last release from my list.

The Camaro is one of the pairs in this year's "Then and Now" mainline set, and tt seems like it was just yesterday that I was able to complete that pairing. Anyway, the designers chose to do a recolor of the "Now" Camaro. 


There's not a whole lot to talk about with this one. Basically, I got it because it's blue. I do hope they decide to also release a matching "Then" Camaro. 

Well, that's all of the releases I had on my 2021 case L want list. This case was absolutely loaded with must-have releases. My rating for this case is 10/10. Of course, that is excluding the releases I didn't want. I guess it's now time to play the waiting game again. Case M is up next, and I hope it's as good as this case. 

So, did you have a specific favorite from this case, or did you get all of the ones I got? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Okay, that's all for this multi-part edition of My Want List. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment