Friday, August 13, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case L - Part 2

Okay everyone, welcome to the second part of my case L want list. Before I begin, I'd need to tell you all that there's going to be one more part after this. Yeah... that's how many great models there were in this case. So be sure to come back tomorrow to see how I feel about those. Alright, let's get started with part two.

Since I used it for my Tweet, I decided to talk about the recolor of the 2019 Kia Stinger GT first. As you've already seen, the decision was made to paint this recolor metallic black. I think it's great how these continue to be finished in colors that are based on ones offered by Kia. Although the colors might not be an exact match, this decision will always lead to an excellent 1:64 scale replica of the real car. That's why you'll continue to see it's releases in a My Want List post.  

I'm can't wait to see what color they'll pick next. Personally, it would be cool to see one finished in a green that's based on Kia's Ascot Green. There's also Snow White pearl. No matter what they choose, you can be sure that it's going to be one that I get. 

Although I like this recolor, there is one thing I would have done differently. Basically, it has to do with the color of the wheels. If it was up to me, I would have made the wheels black. Doing so would have made this release to stand out from the other three releases of it that also have grey Y5s. 


The eighth release checked off of my case L want list, is the recolor of the 1985 Honda CR-X. As you know, this year's first release was given a design to make it match the debut release of the '85 Honda City Turbo II. That design choice was continued for this second release. It was given the exact same color scheme as the recolor of the first City Turbo. And, just like the aforementioned release, this too was given a bright blue base. Due to the overall design of this casting, this design choice helped to make this second release more colorful than the white one. 


Recently, I've started to think that recolors are better when they are also given different wheels. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll dislike a recolor because it has the same wheels as the first release. And this recolor of the 1985 Honda CR-X is a perfect example of this. The chrome lace wheels were one of the other things I liked about this year's release. I feel they complement the overall appearance of this particular CR-X, so I'm actually glad they decided to use them again. 

Alright, now it's time to put the shades on, and go for a afternoon cruise in the newest release of the 2019 Audi R8 Spyder. This was one of the other first-to-market releases that went to Target. So it's actual release will be case M. Anyway, this is the release I was waiting for. Why is that you ask? Well, it's because it was finished blue. I knew they were going to do one finished in my favorite color, I just didn't know when. Unbeknownst to me, the designers planned to release one this year. 

I guess I should also mention that blue isn't the only good color for this beautiful car. That's why I won't end up have a specific favorite release of it. In all honesty, the R8 will look good finished in just about any color. In fact, I'm still waiting for a yellow release. I also think it'd be cool if we got one that was finished in a color that was based on Kemora grey. 



Although it features the same front and rear details that were applied to the first one, it does feature one that's slightly different. The detail I'm talking about, is what the license plate section says. "HWFF R8" is what was applied to the first one, and "R8 SPYDER" is what was applied to this one. This might be a minor detail, but I'm glad it's different. 


The '68 Mercury Cougar is once again apart of the Hot Wheels Flames, and it's the next release that got checked off of my want list. Like the 2019 Flames release, this too is green, and it has a Super Treasure Hunt version. Personally, I have no issue with them doing another green one with flames. I mean, it's not like it's the same shade of green, and unlike the other one, this one's paint is metallic. Furthermore, the flame design is completely different. 


This is another one of those regular releases that features the exact design that was given to the Super Treasure Hunt version. In other words, the top of this release was also decorated. I like it when this is done. I know they want their Supers to be different, but I feel there's no reason to make the regulars not have the additional decoration. The Spectraflame paint as well as the Real Rider wheels, should be more than enough. 

Silently speeding through the streets of Diecast BLVD, is the Porsche Taycan Turbo S. In case you didn't know, I'm not afraid to admit when I don't know something. I'm also not afraid to admit that I'm no automotive expert. That's why you'll sometimes see me say that I had to do some homework. And I had to do just that after getting this release.

I'm sure many of you already knew about this car's specs, so you can just scroll to the next car if you'd like. Anyway, this release is apart of this year's Hot Wheels Green Speed. So that instantly made me think that it was an all electric vehicle. My reasoning researching this car, is because it has "Turbo S" at the end of it's name. So I wasn't quite sure if it was a hybrid or all electric. Well, from what I can gather, it's all electric, and the "Turbo S" name is the trim. This is basically the high performance version of the Taycan.  


While doing research on this car, I ended up really liking the design of it. And after seeing multiple pictures of it, I feel Hot Wheels did a nice job re-creating it in 1:64 scale. So this casting will definitely be one of the ones that's always on my want list. Although... it might not be if they make a release that I don't like. Hopefully that won't be the case, because I really like this casting.  


On any given day, the 1:64 Scale GT has many different races going on, and you can usually find me participating in the various circuit races. Now, for today's race, I'm driving the recolor of the Corvette C8.R. If you read part one of this review, then you already know how I felt about a specific design choice made for the recolor of the GT40 MK IV. However, if you missed yesterday's post, then I'll tell you. Basically, I felt that the number should have been changed. Anyway, it's the exact opposite with this release. 

Now that I have this one, which is based on the actual number 4 C8.R, I feel the initial release should have been number 3. I know it's not that big of a deal, but these are based on actual race cars, so it would have been nice to see a little more accuracy with the yellow one. So for me, this one is a tad bit better than the first one, since the number is on the correct C8.R. 


Okay, that's another six releases talked about. So I'm going to end this post here. Feel free to let me know how you feel about these ones down in the comments section. Okay, till tomorrow, happy collecting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment