Friday, August 27, 2021

Hot Wheels Car Culture Two-Pack: My Thoughts - You Might Disagree

Hello diecast fans, welcome to another post here on the BLVD. I'm sure you've seen the pictures, and some of you might even have them. So you already know how Hot Wheels has decided to make two-packs for their Car Culture series. I'm one of the collectors that was able to find them on the pegs, and I decided to get one, since I felt the need to share my thoughts on them. Now, if you don't like seeing someone's true opinion about a product, then it's time to purchase a ticket for the next express train leaving Diecast BLVD. Okay, since you're still here, that means you don't mind. So let's begin.

I don't know about you, but too much of anything is never good. I think we all know what happens if we indulge ourselves with a plate full of cake, which I'll admit is hard not to do. That's why we have cheat days. Anyway, I feel they are starting to do too many different things with Car Culture. I honestly feel the series is being milked. Obviously, I don't have an issue with the single packs, and I definitely don't have an issue with the Team Transports, since I like the haulers. I also don't necessarily have a problem with the box sets either, although, they are a little pricey. I know Mattel and their brands are a business, so they need to create products that are wanted by the masses so they can make a profit. But were two-pack really necessary? I think not.


I also think first impressions are everything, and these first three two-pack have made a very weak impression on me. Basically, it has to do with the models that were picked. As you can see, each of these first three two-packs feature a release that's old. And I'm sure a lot of you have them like I do. Personally, one new release is not a worth the retail price for these.

Now, you might be wondering why I got one if I don't like them. Well, I needed to have a picture of one for a post. So I decided to get the one with the Skylines.


Future Car Culture two-packs will most likely have two new releases, but they'd have to be releases that make me say wow. The future of these packs won't be very bright if they continue to use a release that's been done before. That's the reason why I chose to not get the "Black Hole Racing" box set when I found it. That much money for two new releases was a big no. And so far, I feel the same about these. I like Hot Wheels, but I'm not going to waste money for a release I have just to get one new one. Again, I only got one of these so I could have pictures for this post.

Sometimes, things get off to a rocky start. So to be fair, my opinion of these could end up changing as time goes on. For all I know, these packs could end up having some of the best premium releases ever, but right now they don't. I'm sure many of you will gobble these up, and that's perfectly fine. We're all entitled to our own likes and dislikes. I'm just not pleased with these.

As for the red Skyline, I feel it could have been better. They really should have given it the ten-spoke wheels, which would have made it match the car in the picture.

Okay, how do you feel about these two-packs? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for today. Until the next post, thanks for reading, and happy collection. And remember, these are just toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment