Friday, July 23, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: Matchbox Moving Parts - The Other Colors

Alright everyone, welcome to a new edition of Today On The Boulevard. The Matchbox Moving Parts made their debut back in 2019, and they instantly became a collector favorite. Since then, there have been many great models. Some of them have even ended up being used for the Superfast, as well as the current Collector Series. Thankfully, I've been able to get most of the ones that have been released so far. However, there were a few alternate color releases that I couldn't find. And those few, are the ones being featured today. So with that being said, let's begin.

One of the main ones I wanted, was the white '83 Buick Riviera Convertible. Initially, I was perfectly fine with just having the red one. At the time, I was happy to finally have another car from the 1980s. So I didn't stress too much about not being able to get this one. Although... I am glad to finally have this one in my collection.

Even though I like how it looks finished in red, there's no denying how elegant it this car looks finished in white. And what I really like, is how it's not gloss white, which is what I thought they used when I first saw pictures of this release. You won't be able to see it in my picture, but gold flakes are revealed when a light is shined on it. How it looks, is further complemented by the red interior.


The '16 Chevy Camaro, is the second one I found. To be honest, I really wasn't interested in this Matchbox casting due to how many modern Camaros I have from Hot Wheels. And I really didn't feel the need to have one with an opening hood. That's why you never saw any of them featured here on the BLVD. Anyway, I changed my mind when I saw this release in person. I think you can probably guess why. Did you guess that it had to do with the exterior color? Well... if you did, then you are correct. I instantly fell in love with this release after I saw the metallic blue that was used for it.


I'm deciding to put the spotlight on the rear end details, since the front just has detailed headlights and the Chevy emblem. The reason I'm doing this, is because the designers chose to give this release a license plate. Lights and emblems are nice, but I really like when these little cars have license plates.


The last one that I got, is '62 Jeep Willys Wagon. So far, this casting has only had three releases, and this green one was the only one I was missing. Pictures don't do this release justice. As you know, blue is my all-time favorite color. But the green used for this release is fantastic! One things for sure, it's not everyday we get a Mattel made diecast model that's finished in the green that was picked for this release. 

One of the other things I like about this one, is that it's currently the only one that's plain. The red one has a black roof, and the blue Superfast one has a custom paint job. While there's nothing wrong with those two, it is nice to finally have one that has no additional exterior colors.

The wheel color is the last thing I want to point out. For this release, The designers chose to give this release white wheels. I actually never though I'd like the look of a green vehicle with white wheels. But, now I do thanks to this release.


Personally, all three of these are flawless. Now, I know that's subjective, because we all have our own likes and dislikes. But, I feel they did a good job on these. 

So... what are your thoughts on these three? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment