Friday, July 16, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case J - A Few More

Hello everyone, welcome to a new edition of My Want List. I was finally able to find more of what I wanted from this year's case J. As you know, I was able to get some of what I wanted when I got the Kroger exclusive case. So be sure to check out that post if you missed it. Anyway, I'm still missing two from this case, and I think you can guess which ones they are. So there's no reason to say anything else about them. Today, let's just focus solely on what I was able to find.

The first car for today's post, is the '67 Ford Mustang Coupe that's apart of this year's "Muscle Mania" set. This was actually the first one I found, and to be honest, I'm a little shocked at how easy it was to find. It's really not a bad casting. I guess it got overshadowed by the other two I wasn't able to find. 

I really wasn't happy with the 2019 Art Cars release of this casting. Yeah... no one would do that to an actual '67 Mustang. So I'm glad they decided to do a proper one for this year's mainline. As usual, one of the main things that I like, is the exterior color. In my opinion, the designers picked a fantastic shade of metallic purple. I love when a casting is finished in a color that hasn't been previously used for it. I feel this helps to make it stand out from the other releases. 


Besides the exterior color, I really like the stripe design and it's colors. I think it's cool how they made the white stripe overlap the silver stripe. This wasn't done with the top stripes, but that's okay. 


So... are you enjoying this year's "Then and Now" mainline set? I definitely am. So far, we've gotten some great pairings like the GTR and the Ford Bronco. And now that case J is out, the Camaro pairing is complete. I was so excited when I found out this was going to be the "Then" Camaro. I don't know about you, but I feel there are certain cars that look the best when they are finished in certain colors. And I feel orange is one of those colors for the '70 Camaro.


One of the other things that I like about this release, is it's white interior. As I've said in numerous past posts, a different colored interior can help to liven up a diecast model. And this release's interior did just that. 

Now, before I get to the next car checked off of my want list, I want to quickly talk about the wheels. For the "Now" Camaro, the decision was made to give it black PR5s. The combination of an orange exterior with a white stripe and black wheels, is what I liked about it. So I wish they would have also chose to give this Camaro black wheels. I'm not saying it looks bad with grey 5SPs, but what I am saying, is that I would have liked it a little more if it was given black wheels like the "Now" Camaro. 



The '87 Dodge D100 that's apart of this year's "HW Race Team" mainline set, is the next release that got checked off of my want list. I couldn't tell you why, but I never used to really get any of the "HW Race Team" releases. There were a few that I got when I was younger, but they were never actually on my want list. Of course, things are much different now, which is why I regret not getting many of the releases I left behind. So, since I like the livery, you're going to be seeing more of these Race Team releases being checked off of my want list.


One of the things that I like about this release, is that it features the decal of a real-life tire company. It's always nice to see decals on these releases, and it's even better when it's a real company.

Now, I know this release in finished in blue for a reason, but this exterior color is one of the other reasons why I added it release to my want list. Let's say, hypothetically, they chose to never do another one finished in blue. If that ends up being the case, then this would have been my only chance to get one finished in my favorite color. I highly doubt there won't be another blue one, but you never know.


The Jaguar XE SV Project 8 is apart of this year's "HW Torque" mainline set, and it's the next release to get checked off of my want list. I'll get straight to the point, black with black wheels, is a fantastic exterior and wheel color scheme for this car. And I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that's going to call this release the black cat. There's honestly nothing else I can say about this release. So I'll just let the pictures do the talking.




The Mooneyes themed Bone Shaker that's apart of this year's "Rod Squad" mainline set, is the last one I got. Words can not describe how happy I am to have this release in my collection. This is definitely the Bone Shaker we all needed. The Mooneyes theme on a hot rod, is a combination that just works. It's similar to putting butter on toast. So I find interesting how it took Hot Wheels this many years to release this casting with the Mooneys theme. I guess it's better late than never. 


There's another design choice that I'd like to point out, but before I do, I need to briefly put the spotlight on the wheels. As you can see, the designers chose to give this release black and chrome Aero Disk wheels. I know these aren't smoothie wheels, but I feel this color scheme gives them the look. Now, I'm not sure if that's what they were trying to do, but if it is, then I'd say that it's mission accomplished. Alright, let's get to that other design choice. 


The stripe that was applied to the top of this release, is the other design choice I was talking about. They didn't have to add the stripe, since this is the open roof casting after all, but I'm glad they did. I think we can all agree that this additional detail was a nice touch. 


Okay, that's all of the case J releases I was able to get. Like I said, I'm still missing two. As usual, if I find them, I will make a post. It might be a while though.

So, what are your thoughts on the releases featured in this post? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all of today's edition of My Want List. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment