Thursday, April 29, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: Not On The Want List But Got It Anyway

Okay diecast collectors, welcome to today's edition of Today On The Boulevard. So... have you ever come across a diecast release that wasn't on your want list, but you ended up getting it anyway? Well that's exactly what happened with this year's release of the Erikenstein Rod. 

Initially, this was a casting that I decided to pass on, and now that I think about it, I really don't know why. After all, I like custom vehicles like this. Anyway, after I got everything I wanted from this assortment, I decided to pick up this release to get a closer look at it. That's when I found a few things that I liked about it. 

In a few older post, I made mention of how I like releases that are finished in flat colors. Now yes, the first release was finished in a flat color too, however, I feel the flat dark green used for this one is much better. And I know, that is purely subjective since we all have our likes and dislikes. But I think this is one of the better colors for a vehicle like this. This opinion could possibly change with a future release.   


Now as you can see, this release was given a pinstripe flame design. The door was also given a logo, but I was solely focused on the fact that it had flames. To this day, flames continue to be one of my favorite designs for a vehicles like this. The design featured on the initial release was okay, but it wasn't enough to make me buy it, despite it being based on the debut Mod Rod's design.

If you read my review of this year's first Flying Customs assortment, then you'd know that the wheels picked for a release, can play a roll in my decision to add a model to the want list. However, this one's wheels were not one of the things that contributed to me getting this release. The wheels used aren't bad, it's just this is one of those releases where I don't care about the wheel choice.

I think you can now understand why I ended up adding this release to my collection. All of the decisions made for it's exterior combined perfectly to create a release that I'd like.  

So collectors, do you like this casting? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for today's edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment