Monday, May 3, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: Matchbox Truck Series - Just Two More

Hi everyone! Welcome to another edition of Today On The Boulevard. On the 20th of last month, I published a post about the '35 Ford Pickup from this year's Matchbox Truck Series. And in that post, I made mention of how I still hadn't seen the full set. Well that all changed when I recently decided to check my local Walmart. One of the other things I said in that post, was that if I found the other two I wanted, I would make a post about them. So as promised, here's that post. By now, most of you have seen everything this set has to offer. As such, this post isn't going to be a review. Instead, I'm going to simply talk about why I wanted them. With that said, let's begin. 

As you saw from my social media post, one of the two that I got was the '08 Holden VE UTE SSV. There are actually a few reasons as to why I ended up wanting this one. If you've been collecting for a long time, then you already know that this vehicle made it's Matchbox debut way back in 2010. So some of you might have many of it's releases. That's sadly not the case for me though. The first one in my collection, was the green one that was released in 2018. So basically, this set gave me the chance to finally own a second one.

The Falken Tire theme that was applied to this release, is the next thing that made me want it. What I like, is how it isn't the typical Falken livery. This is one of the other great things about this diecast brand. The 2017 release of the Baja Bandit, is another example of a tire company themed release that doesn't feature the typical livery. Anyway, the design created for this Falken Tire themed Holden might be simple, but I feel it's effective at making it a neat release to have.


The second one that I got, is the '95 Nissan Hardbody (D21). At first, I was a little hesitant about getting this one. This is because it's basically just a re-color of it's debut release. It's kind of disappointing how they decided to use the same design that was used for the first one. Now you might be wondering why I got it if I was disappointed with it. Well... long story short, I got it because of it's color. Although the red one is nice, there's no way I was going to pass up the opportunity to own one that's finished in my favorite color.

Now... upon further inspection, I noticed how this release has one detail that isn't present on the debut release. And that detail is the Nissan decal that was applied to the lower half of it's sides just before the rear wheels. This minor detail might be trivial to some, but for me, it helped to seal the deal. 


So now you know why I got what I got. The other trucks from this set are okay, but they just didn't make me say wow when I found them.

Okay, so how did you feel about this Matchbox Truck series? And did you decide to get the entire set? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment