Monday, May 31, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: Hot Wheels Detroit Muscle - I Had To Have It

Hello, and welcome to another edition of Today On The Boulevard. I will usually sigh, and say next when I see a news article talking about a Walmart exclusive set. Like most collectors, I have a very difficult time finding anything there. In fact, Walmart exclusives are why I collect the way I do. This mindset change is also what lead to me not really caring about Super Treasure Hunts. Now sometimes, there are certain store exclusives that I just have to have, and it's mainly due to what was done to them. And that's the case with the release being featured today.

Back in 2018, Hot wheels released a muscle car themed set called Detroit Muscle, and it featured many great models. Now as you saw from my social media post (Twitter or Pinterest), the model I just had to have from this set, is the '69 Pontiac GTO. It has one main feature that made me really want it. And this might be surprising, but it has nothing to do with the exterior. Although... it does feature a nice color and design. But that's not why I had to have this one.

The wheels! That's right... it's wheels are what made me want it. When Hot Wheels first showed the deep dish steelies, I ended up having a list of castings that I wanted to see with them. And this casting was one of the ones on my list. So if not for this set, there's a chance we would have never seen it with these wheels. I knew this casting would look good with them. In fact, it looks exactly how I imagined it. 


Having the status of being the only one with these wheels could change in the future. For all I know, Hot Wheels could decide to release another one of these with these wheels later on this year. 

I don't know about you, but I'm actually eagerly awaiting another one with these wheels. If they do end up using these wheels again for this casting, I hope they decide to paint the rim chrome instead of color matching it to a design. The rim being yellow, is the only design decision that I don't completely like. However, I decided to just accept it since it is currently the only one with these wheels.

So collectors... what do you think of this casting with these wheels? Do you also think it looks great with them? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment