Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: 2021 Matchbox Walmart Truck Series - '35 Ford Pickup

Okay diecast collectors, welcome to another edition of Today On The Boulevard. As you all know, Matchbox has recently released a Walmart only pickup truck themed set. Sadly, I have yet to see the full set. I do hope that I'm able to eventually find the full set, because there are two other trucks that I'm interested in. Now because this is a Walmart set, I might not be able to get the other two. However, if I do get them, I will definitely make a post about them. Anyway, that's enough about those, because today's post is all about the one I was able to get.

As you saw from my social media post, today's model is another Matchbox release of the '35 Ford Pickup. I can honestly say that I have been enjoying the recent hot rod releases from Matchbox. They have been on roll lately with them, and they're really helping to satisfy my want for these vehicles. And I like how they decided to do back to back releases of this cool truck. As you know, we recently got the "swapmeet special" in the recent Matchbox mix 2. 

In my opinion, each release of this casting gets better and better. The debut release of this casting features a matte green exterior, which is fine, but I never really liked the construction theme that was applied to it. I always felt that it should have been plain since it was the debut release. Anyway, this features some cool authentic Ford decals, and I like how they decided to make them beige. I also really like the placement of each decal.

Aside from the theme, I really like how they decided to make this release red, which is always a great color for a hot rod. 


Here's a picture of the debut release.


I ended up liking this release so much, that I decided to take the opportunity to pick up an extra one to have on display. So this release became the newest addition to my open collection. 


I don't know about you, but I think this release looks great sitting with the other two Ford hot rods in this picture. I really love how all of these models are similar in size. 

So... despite not being able to get the other ones I wanted, I'm very happy with how I was able to get multiples of this '35 Ford Pickup release. To this day, I continue to have the mindset that something is better than nothing. And that's especially true when it comes to trying to get anything from Walmart.

Alright collectors, do you like this hot rod pickup truck like I do? Feel free to let me know down in the comments. Alright, that's all for this edition to Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment