Friday, March 5, 2021

Today on the Boulevard: Hot Wheels Mario Kart Additions

Hello and welcome to another edition of Today on the Boulevard. So collectors, do you also like to play the various Mario Kart games? Well I'm going to assume that you do since you decided to check out this post. With that said, today's post is going to be about my newest Hot Wheels Mario Kart purchases. So without further ado, let's get started.

By now, most of you have seen the newest versions of the Mario Karts from Hot Wheels. These cool models were made even better by the addition of a Glider. This was first seen with the SDCC exclusive Metal Mario. I'm really glad they decided to make these Glider editions available to everyone.

Some of you might have decided to get all of the ones from the first assortment, but I decided to only get Bowser. In a past Mario Kart post, I made mention of how I chose to not to get Bowser due to wanting him on a different kart. At the time, I was hoping they would pair him with the Standard ATV, which is what he's seen riding on the card art. Sadly, none of the other vehicle types have been made yet. Hot Wheels appears to solely be focusing on the Karts. I hope this changes in the future, because these are some of the best looking Mario Kart models in my opinion. 

So since I didn't have Bowser, and I wanted at least one of these Glider editions, I decided to take the opportunity to finally add Bowser to my collection. The other ones are just as cool, but I have no intention of getting every single release of each character. I will most likely stop buying these once I have the whole character roster. Overall, I'm very pleased with how this model came out, and the Bowser Kite looks great. 


The second Mario Kart purchase was none other than Baby Mario. For his Kart, Hot Wheels decided to pair him with the B Dasher. I was a little disappointed with the decision to use this Kart due to the fact that we just got Shy Guy paired with this Kart. But since I wanted the character, and I don't know when he'll be released again, I decided to just accept this Kart being paired with Baby Mario. 

Most of you will have no issue with the current Karts that Hot Wheels is able to make. But I hope they'll eventually start making some of the other Karts, as well as some of the other vehicle types from the game. Doing so will not only add some more variety to the overall set, it will also keep these releases from seeming repetitive. 


Now what I'm hoping for, is a Glider release of one of the other Yoshi colors besides green and blue, as those are the two that I have. Personally, I would love to see a Glider release of Red Yoshi. The reason for that has to do with my decision to not get the release due to the Kart choice. All in all, I can definitely say that the future is looking bright for these Mario Kart Hot Wheels releases. And  Mario Kart fans of all ages are sure to love these models.

Okay, so did you end up getting all of the new Glider editions, or did decide to only get a specific one? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today on the Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment