Saturday, March 13, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case D - Part 2

Alright collectors, welcome to part two of my 2021 case D want list. Like I said at the end of part one, these models are just as good as the first ones. So with that being said, let's get going with this last part.

Up first, is the 1985 Honda CR-X that's apart of this year's HW Speed Graphics mainline set. Overall, this is another great release of this casting. And I think the most, if not all of the diecast community will love it too. I mean... how could you not, when the Hot Wheels designers decided to make it match the debut releases of the Odyssey and '85 City Turbo. 

Although I like how this release came out, I do feel it would have looked even better if they gave it some additional details to make it further match the Odyssey. A "Honda" window banner decal is the main detail that I would have liked to see. On it's sides, I would have liked to see a Yokahama Tires decal. I feel there is enough room on the door underneath the blue stripe. Ultimately, the lack of these details is not that big of a deal, as this is still a very cool release.

The good ol' Hot Wheels lace wheels are the ones that were picked for this release, and I like how they are chrome. I feel these wheels complement this release's overall appearance perfectly.



I think you all remember the first mainline Legends Tour car. Well the 2 Jet Z is back for another release, and it's the next car that got checked off of my want list. To be honest, I wasn't really into this casting when it first came out. However, as time went on, it started to grow on me. And this year's release has made me officially like it. 

In my opinion, this release is slightly better than the one based on the winner's actual car. Black is the color that was picked for it's exterior, but that alone is not why I like it so much. The overall design is why I feel it's better, and the color just contributed to my fondness of it. This release was given the shark teeth and eye graphic. It also features two red stripes, and a insignia. All of these details give this release a cool military aircraft look. 

This release has two more things that I really like about it. It's wheels, which are the DD8s, are the first of those things. The rim was painted grey, and I think this was a great color choice. Of course, some collectors might have preferred a chrome red rim, which is understandable. The red window piece is the second thing that I like about this release. I think we can all agree that it goes perfectly with this release's design.


The last vehicle rolling off of my case D want list, and into my collection, is the Fast-Bed Hauler that's apart of this year's HW Metro mainline set. This is one casting that isn't often seen in the mainline. And before this release, I only had two other releases of it in my collection. These kind of hauler castings that can actually haul a car are so cool, and what was done to this release made it even cooler. So this was one release that was instantly put on my want list. In fact, I even decided to get an extra one to open and have on display.

The cab was finished in a very nice looking pearl turquoise. You won't be able to see it in my picture, but it's color changes to purple when a light is shined on it. 

The design is the next thing that makes this a cool display model to have. The designers created an awesome looking pinstripe design. And I like how the design covers a large portion of this hauler's sides. Orange and white are the colors that were utilized for it. Personally, these two colors combine flawlessly with the pearl exterior color.  

For this release's wheels, the decision was made to give it chrome gold 5SPs. Choosing chrome gold wheels for this turquoise release, is basically the same as putting a cherry on top of a cake. For me, this wheel choice helped to make this release even cooler than what it already was.


Okay collectors, that's all of the vehicle from this case that I had on my want list. With the GTO, I hope to see at least one release of it with a cool drag racing livery that features some real-life aftermarket decals. And with the Jesko, I hope it gets a future release that's finished in a bright color like yellow. I also can't wait to see what the futures holds for the bronco.

Like the last case, I really don't have a specific favorite. It's really hard to choose one when all of the models are nice. Now maybe you have a specific favorite. If you do, go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment