Saturday, February 13, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case A - Part 2

Welcome back to the boulevard collectors! If you're one of the ones that read my part one, and came back for part two, then let me just say thank you for reading. Now that I got that out of the way, let's get started with the last half of my case A want list.

The first vehicle for part two, is the '96 Porsche Carrera that's apart of this year's HW Dream Garage mainline set. This release is not too bad, and it features a nice mix of colors. White is the color that was chosen for the exterior, and I think it's a nice color for any Porsche. Beige and orange are the two colors that were picked for the design. 

Now to be honest, I was a little hesitant about getting this release at first due to the placement of the design along the sides. Sometime after getting it, it started to grow on me. And now, I don't really have a problem with the placement. The designers also chose to add a blank racing number circle. This additional detail is okay, but I think it would have looked just as good without it.

The top of this release was also given the theme from the sides. But there is one thing about it that I don't quite like. Unlike the design along the sides, this top one doesn't have the additional orange section around the beige. I really can't figure out why the designers decided to not add orange to the design on the top of this release. So basically, that is the only thing keeping me from totally liking this release.

Not all is bad with this release though, as I at least like how grey Aero Disk wheels were chosen. I think this Porsche looks great with them.



Up next, is the '70 Dodge Power Wagon that's apart of this year's Baja Blazers mainline set. I can honestly say that I truly like most of what was done to this release. Starting with it's color, the designers chose to finish it in a very nice looking shade of yellow. The design is the next thing that I like about it. It features a stripe design that I would describe as being period correct. The colors used for it are red, orange, and black. This combination over the yellow is what sealed the deal for me. I just had to have this truck with these colors.

I also like how it was given some racing details. Applied to it's doors, is a number box with the number 70. It was also given three decals to help complete the look. The decals are as follows: Hot Wheels, Goodyear, and Dodge.

Now as you all know, this casting's roll bar is apart of it's interior piece. With that said, I really like how the decision was made use a red piece for this release. Having a red roll bar complements this release nicely, and I feel it goes great with the other colors that were used.

The wheels given to this release are the BLORs. It seems like Hot Wheels has decided to make this year's off-road releases feature a would-be dirt covered wheel. So the wheel itself is brown, and the spokes are black. 

Flooring it off of my want list next, is the Triumph TR6 that's apart of this year's HW Race Day mainline set. This is actually a release that I was very excited to see, and get. It's not a casting that you see to much in the mainline. It only had four other mainline releases before this one. Now the reason this instantly made it to my want list, was because I only had the 2011 yellow Track Stars release. So it's nice to finally have a second one in my collection.

In my opinion, the Hot Wheels designer did a fantastic job with this one. For it's exterior color, they chose use a great looking shade of metallic green. It's a color that I feel is perfect for this car, and I think some if not all of the diecast community will feel the same way.

 Aside from the color, this one was also given a nice racing theme, which of course is appropriate since this casting was designed to be a race car. Now what I like, is how the stripes are black with a gold outline. For me, these colors go great with the green that was used. I also like the font that was used for the racing number.

There is one design decision that I don't like, and it has to do with the stripes on the hood. For some reason, the designers chose to not include the gold around the stripes. Now since I really like this release, this is something I can ignore. Although, I will admit that having a gold outline around these stripe would have made the overall design more consistent.

Sponsor decals are one thing that would have made this release even better. Having them would have really given it a racing look. But like the hood stripe, this another thing I can ignore.

There have been a few occasions where I've made mention of how there are certain castings that I'd like to see with one of the newer wheels. And this casting is one of the ones that I wanted to see with the DD8s. I think they look fantastic on this car, and I don't mind how they decided to make the rim chrome gold.




The last vehicle that was on my case A want list, is the mighty Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile. This release is very cool! The best thing about it, is how it was finished in a beautiful dark, and I mean really dark red. This is the reason why I will never get tired of seeing Batmobile releases from Hot Wheels. If not for Hot Wheels, may never have gotten a model of this Batmobile finished in red.

Contributing to the awesomeness of this release, is it's design. Now due to it being black, it might be a little hard to see. Based on the various shapes, I would best describe this design as being a camouflage style graphic. I think we can all agree that this Batmobile looks stunning with a red and black camouflage exterior.

Grey BLOR wheels are what the designers went with for this release. This is a okay wheel color, but I think this release would have looked way better with black wheels. All in all, this release's wheels are something that I'm not concerned with due to how cool the exterior is.


Okay collectors, that's all of the vehicles that I had on my case A want list. So... how did you feel about this case a whole? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright everyone, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Until next time, happy collecting

No comments:

Post a Comment